Moving Boundary Problem for Diffusion Release of Drug from a Cylinder Polymeric Matrix
- 111 Downloads
An approximate analytical solution of moving boundary problem for diffusion release of drug from a cylinder polymeric matrix was obtained by use of refined integral method. The release kinetics has been analyzed for non-erodible matrices with perfect sink condition. The formulas of the moving boundary and the fractional drug release were given. The moving boundary and the fractional drug release have been calculated at various drug loading levels, and the calculated results were in good agreement with those of experiments. The comparison of the moving boundary in spherical, cylinder, planar matrices has been completed. An approximate formula for estimating the available release time was presented. These results are useful for the clinic experiments. This investigation provides a new theoretical tool for studying the diffusion release of drug from a cylinder polymeric matrix and designing the controlled released drug.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Paul D R, Mcspadden S K. Diffusional release of a solute from a polymer matrix[J]. J Membrane Sci,1976,1(1):33-48.Google Scholar
- Lee P I. Diffusional release of a solute from a polymer matrix: approximate analytical solution[J]. J Membrane Sci,1980,7(3):255-275.Google Scholar
- Annette L B. Release rate from topical formulation containing drugs in suspension[J]. J Controlled Release,1998,52(1):141-148.Google Scholar
- Abdekhodaie M J, Cheng Y L. Diffusional releases of a dispersed solute from a spherical polymer matrix[J]. J Membrane Sci,1996,115(2):171-178.Google Scholar
- Rıtger P L, Peppas N A. A simple equation for description of solute release-⊥: fickian and non-fickian release from non-swellable devices in the form of slabs, spheres, cylinders or discs[J]. J Controlled Release,1987,5(2):23-36.Google Scholar
- AN Ling-ling, XU Ming-yu. A theoretical modeling for release of medicaments from cylindrical matrices containing drug in suspension[A]. In: Danielhk Chow, Y T Zheng Eds. Proceedings of International Conference on Biomedical Engineering [C]. Hong Kong: Hong Kong Institution of Engineers,1996,425-428.Google Scholar
- GUO Zhong-heng. Morden Mathematics and Mechanics[M]. Beijing: Peking University Press,1987,115-143. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Rosemen T J, Higuchi W I. Release of medroxyprogesterone acetate from a silicone polymer[J]. J Pharmaceutical Sci,1970,59(3):353-357.Google Scholar