Models for the Counter-Gradient-Transport Phenomena
- 62 Downloads
The counter gradient transport phenomena on momentum, energy and passive scalar in turbulent flows were studied by use of the single response function for TSDIA. As a result, models that can describe qualitatively the phenomena are obtained. Then the results are simplified by use of the inertial range theory, and the results for lower degrees agree with results of predecessor. Finally the counter gradient-transport phenomena in channel flow and circular wake flow are analyzed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Eskinazei S, Erian F. Energy reversal in turbulent flows[J]. Phys Fluids,1988,12(10):1988–1998.Google Scholar
- Hanjalic K, Launder B E. Fully developed asymmetric flow in a plane channel[J]. J Fluid Mech, 1972,51(2):301–335.Google Scholar
- Sreenivasan K R, Tavoularis S, Corrsin S. A test of gradient transport and its generalizations[J]. Turbulent Shear Flows,1983,3(1):96–112.Google Scholar
- Leslie D C. Developments in the Theory of Turbulence[M]. New York: Oxford Clarendo,1972.Google Scholar
- Kraichnan R H. The structure of isotropic turbulence at very high Reynolds numbers[J]. J Fluid Mech,1959,5(1):497–529.Google Scholar
- Yoshizawa A. Statistical analysis of the deviation of Reynolds stress from its eddy viscosity representation[J]. Phys Fluids,1984,27(1):1337–1346.Google Scholar
- Hamba F. Statistical analysis of chemically reacting passive scalars in turbulent shear flows[J]. Journal of the Physical Society of Japan,1987,56(1):79–86.Google Scholar
- Shimomura Y. A theoretical study of the turbulent diffusion in incompressible shear flows and in passive scalars[J]. Phys Fluids,1998,10(10):2636–2646.Google Scholar
- Yoshizawa A. Statistical modeling of a passive-scalar diffusion in turbulent shear flows[J]. J Fluid Mech,1988,195(1):541–549.Google Scholar
- Veeravalli S, Warhaft Z. Thermal dispersion from a line source in the shearless turbulence mixing layer[J]. J Fluid Mech,1990,216(10):35–70.Google Scholar