An M-Stage System with Indeterminate Processing Time. I. Schedule Optimization
- 22 Downloads
The well-known m-machine problem in which job times are defined by intervals of possible values is formulated in new terms. This problem is reduced to two usual m-machine problems and a solution algorithm is designed. Part I is devoted to the formulation of the problem and ideas underlying its solution and the necessary mathematical apparatus, whereas Part II is concerned with the solution.
KeywordsMechanical Engineer Processing Time System Theory Solution Algorithm Mathematical Apparatus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Levin, V.I., Optimization of Schedules in Systems with Unbounded Processing Time. I, II, Avtom.Telemekh., 1995, no. 2, pp. 99–110; no. 3, pp. 106–116.Google Scholar
- 2.Conwey, R.W., Maxwell, W.L., and Miller, L.W., Theory of Scheduling, New York: Addison-Wesley, 1967. Translated under the title Teoriya paspisanii, Moscow: Nauka, 1975.Google Scholar
- 3.Levin, V.I., Strukturno-logicheskie metody issledovaniya slozhnykh sistem (Structural and LogicalMethods of Investigation of Complicated Systems), Moscow: Nauka, 1987.Google Scholar
- 4.Alefeld, G. and Herzberger, J., Introduction to Interval Computations, New York: Academic, 1983. Translated under the title Vvedenie v interval'nye vychisleniya, Moscow: Mir, 1987.Google Scholar
- 5.Levin, V.I., Problem of Three Machines with Unbounded Processing Time, Avtom.Telemekh., 1996, no. 1, pp. 109–120.Google Scholar
- 6.Levin, V.I., Discrete Optimization under Interval Uncertainty, Avtom.Telemekh., 1992, no. 7, pp. 97–107.Google Scholar
- 7.Levin, V.I., Antagonistic Games with Interval Parameters, Kibern.Sist.Analiz, 1999, no. 3, pp. 110–121.Google Scholar
- 8.Tanaev, V.S. and Shkurba, V.V., Vvedenie v teoriyu raspisanii (Introduction to Scheduling Theory) Moscow: Nauka, 1975.Google Scholar