Parallelism in Deductive Inference on Graph Structures
- 25 Downloads
Practical realization of the methods of parallel inference on connection graphs and semantic networks in the first-order predicate logic is described. A system of parallel inference with the “steamroller” test is studied and inference results are analyzed.
KeywordsMechanical Engineer System Theory Graph Structure Semantic Network Predicate Logic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Averin, A.I., Vagin, V.N., and Khamidulov, M.K., Parallel Inference Algorithms for the Steamroller Problem, Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Teor. Sist. Upravlen., 2000, no. 5, pp. 92–100.Google Scholar
- 2.Kowalski, R., A Proof Procedure using Connection Graphs, J. ACM, 1975, 22(4), pp. 595–599.Google Scholar
- 3.Vagin, V.N. and Salapina, N.O., A Parallel Inference System using Connection Graphs, Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Teor. Sist. Upravlen., 1998, no. 5, pp. 39–47.Google Scholar
- 4.Hornung, G., Knapp, A., and Knapp, U., A Parallel Connection Graph Proof Procedure, in: German Workshop on Artificial Intelligence. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1981. pp. 160–167.Google Scholar
- 5.Loganantharaj, R., Theoretical and Implemetational Aspects of Parallel Link Resolution in Connection Graphs, Ph.D. Thesis, Dept. of Computer Science, Colorado State Univ., 1985.Google Scholar
- 6.Vagin, V.N., Parallel Inference on Logical Networks, IFIP/WG. 12:3 International Workshop on Automated Reasoning, Beijing, China, 1992, pp. 305–310.Google Scholar
- 7.Vagin, V.N., Deduktsiya i obobshchenie v sistemakh prinyatiya reshenii (Deduction and Generalization in Decision Making Systems), Moscow: Nauka, 1988.Google Scholar
- 8.Stickel, M.F., Schubert's Steamroller Problem: Formulations and Solutions, J. Autom. Reasoning, 1986, vol. 2, pp. 89–100.Google Scholar