Polynomial Solutions to the Hele–Shaw Problem
- 27 Downloads
We introduce a new class Hn of univalent polynomials and establish that for every polynomial in Hn the Hele–Shaw problem has a polynomial solution w(z;t) for all values t>0. We also demonstrate that the members of Hn are starlike.
KeywordsPolynomial Solution Univalent Polynomial Shaw Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Vinogradov Yu. P. and Kufarev P. P., “On a certain filtration problem,” Prikl. Mat. Mekh., 12, 181-198 (1948).Google Scholar
- 2.Gustafsson B., “On a differential equation arising in a Hele—Shaw flow moving boundary problem,” Ark. Mat., Bd 22, No. 2, 251-268 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.Richardson S., “Hele—Shaw flows with a free boundary produced by the injection of fluid into a narrow channel,” J. Fluid Mech., 56, No. 4, 609-618 (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.Howison S. D., “Cusp development in Hele—Shaw flows with free surface,” SIAM J. Appl. Math., 46, No. 1, 20-26 (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.Cherednichenko V. G., Inverse Logarithmic Potential Problem, VSP, Utrecht (The Netherlands) (1996).Google Scholar
- 6.Sakai M., “Domains having null complex moments,” Complex Variables, 7, 313-319 (1987).Google Scholar
- 7.Gustafsson B., He Chiyu, Milanfar P., and Putinar M., “Reconstructing planar domains from their moments” Inverse Problems, 16, 1053-1070 (2000).Google Scholar
- 8.Hardy G. H., Littlewood D. E., and Pólya G., Inequalities. Vol. 1 [Russian translation], Izdat. Inostr. Lit., Moscow (1948).Google Scholar
- 9.Ullemar C., Uniqueness Theorem for Domains Satisfying Quadrature Identity for Analytic Functions. Vol. 1 [Preprint / Royal Inst. of Technology: TRITA-Mat; No. 37], Stockholm (1980).Google Scholar
- 10.Howison S. D. and Khokhlov Yu. E., “Classification of solutions in the problem of Hele—Shaw flows with an unknown boundary” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 325, 1161-1166 (1992).Google Scholar
- 11.Goluzin G. M., Geometric Theory of Functions of a Complex Variable. Vol. 1 [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar