On the Number of Generating Pairs for the Groups L2 and Sz(22k+1)
- 15 Downloads
For the simple groups G of the title, we find the maximal number n such that the direct product of n copies of G is generated by two elements.
KeywordsDirect Product Generate Pair Simple Group
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kourovskaya Tetrad' [in Russian], Inst. Mat. (Novosibirsk), Novosibirsk (1999).Google Scholar
- 2.Hall P., “The Eulerian functions of a group,” Quart. J. Math., 7, 134-151 (1936).Google Scholar
- 3.Busarkin V. M. and Gorchakov Yu. M., Decomposable Finite Groups [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.Gorenstein D., Finite Simple Groups. An Introduction to Their Classification [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 5.Suzuki M., “On a class of doubly transitive groups,” Ann. Math., 75, No. 1, 105-145 (1962).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 2001