Mathematical Problems of Tomography and Hyperbolic Mappings
- 18 Downloads
We consider a new class of mathematical problems related to interpretation of tomography data. The main assumption is that the sought distribution of absorption is an identically one function in the domain to be determined. These problems are connected with three known directions of mathematical physics: the Dirichlet problems for hyperbolic equations, the problems of small oscillations of a rotating fluid, and the problems of supersonic flows of an ideal gas.
KeywordsMathematical Physic Tomography Data Dirichlet Problem Mathematical Problem Supersonic Flow
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pikalov V. V. and Preobrazhenskiî N. G., Reconstructive Tomography in Gas Dynamics and Plasma Physics [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1987).Google Scholar
- 2.Natterer F., The Mathematics of Computerized Tomography [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.Nikolaev A. V., “Seismology: scientific and technological revolution and problems of XXI century,” in: Mathematical Modeling in Geophysics [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1968.Google Scholar
- 4.John F., “The Dirichlet problem for a hyperbolic equation,” Amer. J. Math., 63, No. 1, 141-154 (1941).Google Scholar
- 5.Aleksandryan R. A., “On one Sobolev problem for special fourth-order partial differential equations,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 73, No. 4, 631-634 (1950).Google Scholar
- 6.Zelenyak T. I., Selected Questions of Qualitative Theory of Partial Differential Equations [in Russian], Novosibirsk Univ., Novosibirsk (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.Lavrent'ev M. M., “On a certain boundary value problem for a hyperbolic system,” Mat. Sb., 38, No. 4, 451-464 (1956).Google Scholar
- 8.Shabat B. V., “On an analog of the Riemann theorem for linear hyperbolic systems of differential equations,” Uspekhi Mat. Nauk, 11, No. 5, 101-105 (1956).Google Scholar
- 9.Shabat B. V., “On certain hyperbolic quasiconformal mappings,” in: Some Problems of Mathematics and Mechanics [in Russian], Nauka, Leningrad, 1970.Google Scholar
- 10.Lavrent'ev M. A. and Shabat B. V., Problems of Hydrodynamics and Their Mathematical Models [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar