Control of Motion of an Actively Bending Body in Prescribed Channels with Viscous Friction
- 22 Downloads
Mechanics is described and equations are given of motion of an actively bending homogeneous and continuous body of a finite thickness in channels with the viscous friction, using as an example channels in a viscous fluid. Control of motion is suggested, which ensures a maximum speed of the body in a definite channel. Using a sinusoidal channel as an example, the path is described of the repeated maximization of the speed according to the choice of the best parameters of the channel. Control is considered of a wide class other motions of the body.
KeywordsMechanical Engineer System Theory Wide Class Maximum Speed Viscous Fluid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Litvintsev, A.I., Control of Motion of Actively Bending Physical Bodies in a Channel without Friction, Avtom. Telemekh., 1990, no. 5, pp. 114-124.Google Scholar
- 2.Lavrent'ev, M.A. and Lavrent'ev, M.M., On a Principle of Creation of the Tractive Force of Motion, Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., 1962, no. 4, pp. 3-9.Google Scholar
- 3.Lavrent'ev, M.A. and Shabat, B.V., Problemy gidrodinamiki i ikh matematicheskie modeli (Problems of Hydrodynamics and Their Mathematical Models), Moscow: Nauka, 1973.Google Scholar
- 4.Landau, I.D. and Lifshits, E.M., Teoriya uprugosti (Theory of Elasticity), Moscow: Nauka, 1987.Google Scholar
- 5.Kuznetsov, V.M., Lugovtsov, B.A., and Sher, E.N., O mekhanizme dvizheniya ryb i uzhei. Dinamika sploshnoi sredy. Vyp. 1 (On the Mechanism of Motion of Fish and Grass Snakes. Dynamics of the Continuous Medium. Issue 1), Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1969.Google Scholar
- 6.Sher, E.N., O mekhanizme dvizheniya uzhei i ryb. Nekotorye problemy matematiki i mekhaniki (On the Forward Movement Mechanism of Grass Snakes and Fish. Some Problems of Mathematics and Mechanics), Leningrad: Nauka, 1970.Google Scholar
- 7.Pontryagin, L.S., Obyknovennye differentsial'nye uravneniya (Ordinary Differential Equations), Moscow: Nauka, 1970.Google Scholar
- 8.Kamke, E., Differential gleishungen losung methoden und losungen, Leipzig: Ewohnliehe, 1959.Google Scholar
- 9.Cox, R.G., The Motion of Long Slender Bodies in a Viscous Fluid. Part 1. General Theory, J. Fluid Mech., 1970, vol. 44, part 3, pp. 790-810.Google Scholar
- 10.Bendall, J., Muscles, Molecules, and Motion, London: Shenemann Books, 1969.Google Scholar