Index Formulae for Pseudodifferential Operators with Discontinuous Symbols
- 50 Downloads
A class of zero order pseudodifferential operators on a closed manifold is considered, with symbols admitting a first kind discontinuity at a codimension one submanifold. A condition is found for such operators to be Fredholm. The formula for the index of such operators is derived, expressed in the topological terms.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Atiyah, M. F.: Global theory of elliptic operators, in Proc. Int. Conf. Funct. Anal. Rel. Topics, Tokyo, 1970, pp. 21–30.Google Scholar
- 2.Blackadar, B.: K-Theory for Operator Algebras, MSRI Series, Vol. 5, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1986.Google Scholar
- 5.Hörmander, L.: On the index of pseudodifferential operators, in Elliptische Differentialgleichungen, Vol. 11, Akademie-Verlag, Berlin, 1971, pp. 127–146.Google Scholar
- 6.Plamenevsky, B.: Algebras of Pseudodifferential Operators, Kluwer, Dordrecht, 1989.Google Scholar
- 7.Plamenevsky, B. and Rozenblum, G.: On the index of pseudodifferential operators with isolated singularities in symbols, Leningrad Mathematical J. 2 (1991), 1085–1110.Google Scholar
- 8.Plamenevsky, B. and Rozenblum, G.: Topological characteristics of the algebra of singular integral operators on the circle, with discontinuous symbols, Peterburg Mathematical J. 3 (1992), 1089–1101.Google Scholar
- 11.Rempel, S. and Schulze, B.-W.: The Theory of Index for Elliptic Boundary Problems, Akademie-Verlag, Berlin, 1982.Google Scholar