Synthesis of the Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+δ superconductor following a polymer matrix route
- 90 Downloads
This paper presents a convenient polymer matrix synthesis route based on the use of metal acetates, which yields Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+δ (2212 phase) with a Tc higher than 93 K, in air and within a short sintering time (6–12 h) at 855°C. The phase quality of the intermediate and final products has been analysed by powder X-ray diffraction and scanning electron microscopy with energy-dispersive spectroscopy. Macroscopic superconducting characteristics have been determined by alternating-current magnetic susceptibility and direct-current magnetization. The results obtained on a large number of samples suggest that this preparation route is highly reproducible and leads to black-grained powders with excellent homogeneity within a relatively short processing time. The usefulness of these powders to obtain textured superconducting products has been explored and representative results are presented here.
KeywordsCritical Current Density Sinter Time CaCu High Critical Temperature Transport Critical Current Density
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 11.V. P. S. AWANA, S. B. SAMANTA, P. K. DUTTA, E. GMELIN and A. V. NARLIKAR, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 3 (1991) 8893.Google Scholar
- 12.A. C. VAJPEI and G. S. UPADHYAYA (eds) Key Engng Mater. 75 –76 (1992).Google Scholar
- 16.A. SOTELO, PhD thesis, Universidad de Zaragoza (1994).Google Scholar
- 19.C. RILLO, F. LERA, A. BADÍA, L. A. ANGUREL, J. BARTOLOMÉ, F. PALACIO, R. NAVARRO and A. J. VAN DUYNEVELDT, in “Magnetic susceptibility of superconductors and other spin systems”, edited by R. A. Hein, T. L. Francavilla and D. H. Liebenberg (Plenum, New York, 1991) pp. 1–24.Google Scholar
- 22.K. SCHULZE, P. MAJEWSKI, B. HETTICH and G. PETZOW, Z. Metallkde 81 (1990) 836.Google Scholar
- 24.L. A. ANGUREL, G. F. DE LA FUENTE, A. BADÍA, A. LARREA, J. C. DÍEZ, J. I. PEÑA, E. MARTÍNEZ and R. NAVARRO, in “Studies of high temperature superconductors”, Vol. 20, edited by A. Narlikar (Nova Science, Publishers, New York, 1997) pp. 1–31.Google Scholar
- 26.J. I. PEÑA, L. A. ANGUREL, A. SOTELO, G. F. DE LA FUENTE and R. NAVARRO, in Proceedings of the Fourth Conference of the European Ceramic Society, Vol. 8 Superconductivity and Superconducting Materials Technologies, October 1995, edited by P. Vicenzini (Techna, Faenza, 1995) pp. 481–488.Google Scholar