Redistribution of copper in KCl-promoted CuCl2/ϒ-Al2O3 catalyst during oxychlorination of ethylene
- 187 Downloads
In a study on oxychlorination of ethylene using KCl-promoted CuCl2/Al2O3 catalyst having a composition similar to that of a commercial catalyst, steady-state catalyst composition was determined over a wide range of temperature after identifying the surface copper species by X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS). The data show a marked shift in the steady-state catalyst composition at about the same temperature at which structural change had been previously reported for similar catalysts. This is confirmed in a separate study of the CuCl2–ethylene reaction which is considered to be the key intermediate step in the overall oxychlorination reaction network.
KeywordsCuCl Fume Silica Copper Species Vinyl Chloride Monomer Ethylene Reaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.P. AVILA, J. BLANCO, J. GARCIA-FIERRO and S. MENDIOREZ, in “New Horizons in Catalysis”, edited by T. Seiyama and K. Tanabe, Vol. 7B (Elsevier, Amsterdam, New York, 1982) p. 1031.Google Scholar
- 6.J. VALLE, A. VARGAS, J. FERRIERA and A. FLORES,ibid., p. 1040.Google Scholar
- 11.H. D. EICHHORN, C. JACKH, W. D. MROSS and H. SCHULER, in “Proceedings of the 8th International Congress on Catalysis”, Berlin (Dechema, Frankfurt-am-Main, 1984) p. IV–647.Google Scholar
- 12.E. CAVATERRA,Hydrocarbon Processing 67 (1983) 63.Google Scholar
- 17.A. I. VOGEL, “Quantitative Inorganic Analysis”, (Longmans, London, 1961 p. 323).Google Scholar
- 24.H. HEINEMANN,Chem. Tech. 1 (1971) 286.Google Scholar