Survey of elemental concentrations in lichen samples collected from Săo Paulo State
- 44 Downloads
Samples of the lichen Canoparmelia texana collected in seven differentsites of Săo Paulo State and one site of the Paraná State wereanalysed by neutron activation analysis in order to obtain information onthe air quality in these regions and also to select a region of interest forthe evaluation of baseline level of elements in lichen species. Concentrationsof the elements Al, As, Br, Ca, Cd, Cl, Co, Cs, Fe, Hf, K, Mg, Mn, Na, Rb,Sb, Sc, Se, Ti, Th, U, V, Zn and lanthanides were determined and a preliminarycomparisons was made between the results obtained for samples collected indifferent sites.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Baseline Level Activation Analysis Elemental Concentration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. E. Slof, Environmental lichenology: biomonitoring trace element air pollution. Thesis, Technische Universiteit, Delft, 1993.Google Scholar
- 2.J. Garty,J. Hagemeyer, Water, Air and Soil Pollution, 38 (1988) 311.Google Scholar
- 3.D. H. S. Richardson, Pollution Monitoring with Lichens. Richarmond Publishing Co. Ltd., Slough, England, 1991, p. 25.Google Scholar
- 4.M. P. Marcelli, History and current knowledge of Brazilian lichenology, in: M. P. Marcelli &M. R. D. Seaward, Lichenology in Latin America: History, Current Knowledge and Applications: CETESB, Sã o Paulo, 1998, p. 25.Google Scholar
- 6.D. Piccot, Laboratoire Pierre Sue, CEA-CNRS, Centre d'Études de Saclay, F-91191, Gif-sur Yvette, CEDX, France (personal communication), 1989.Google Scholar