Determination and pharmacokinetics of dextromoramide in methadone maintenance therapy.
- 35 Downloads
To study the pharmacokinetics of dextromoramide in long‐term opiate addicts on methadone maintenance therapy (MMT) a reverse‐phase HPLC technique was developed to monitor dextromoramide and methadone concentrations in plasma simultaneously. After liquid‐liquid extraction from plasma, dextromoramide and methadone were determined using a Supelcosil LC‐ABZ column and a mobile phase of KH2phosphate buffer (25 mM, pH 2.5) mixed with acetonitrile (80:20, v/v) and UV detection at 206 nm. The method was found to be sufficiently sensitive, specific and reproducible to apply in six subjects on MMT for many years, receiving orally administered dextromoramide as adjuvant. Pharmacokinetic data sets for dextromoramide in each subject were conducted and analysed further, indicating short elimination half‐life values (71 min, range 31‐152 min). Contrary to previous studies, in all subjects tested the pharmacokinetics of dextromoramide are best described using an one‐compartment model.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.De Vos JW, Van Wilgenburg H, Van den Brink W, Kaplan CD, De Vries MW. Patterns of craving and pharmacokinetics in long-term opiate addicts in methadone maintenance therapy. Addict Res 1996;4: 285–95.Google Scholar
- 4.Janssen PAJ. A new series of potent analgesics. J Am Chem Soc 1956;78: 3862–6.Google Scholar
- 6.Lançon JP, Pechinot A, Athis PD, Pechinot M, Pointaire P, Obadia JF, Caillard B. Pharmacocinétique du dextromoramide chez l'operé. Ann Fr Anesth Réanim 1989;8: 488–92.Google Scholar
- 7.Pagani I, Barzaghi N, Crema F, Perucca E, Ego D, Rovei V. Pharmacokinetics of dextromoramide in surgical patients. Fund Clin Pharmacol 1989;3: 27–35.Google Scholar
- 8.Lindsay S. High Performance Liquid Chromatography. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 1992.Google Scholar
- 9.Gibaldi M, Perrier D. Pharmacokinetics-drugs and the pharmaceutical sciences. New York: Marcel Dekker, 1982.Google Scholar
- 10.Akaike H. An information criterion (AIC). Math Sci 1976;14: 5–9.Google Scholar