The ICPC coding system in pharmacy: developing a subset. ICPC‐Ph.
- 35 Downloads
The ICPC system is a coding system developed for general medical practice, to be able to code the GP‐patient encounters and other actions. Some of the codes can be easily used by community pharmacists to code complaints and diseases in pharmaceutical care practice. We developed a subset of the ICPC codes for community pharmacists. This article describes the method used and the resulting ICPC‐Ph list.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lamberts H, Wood M, Hofman-Okkes I. The International Classification of Primary Care in the European Community, with a multilanguage layer. First edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1987. IBN 0 19 262298 6.Google Scholar
- 2.Hepler CD, Grainger-Rousseau TJ. Pharmaceutical care versus traditional drug treatment, is there a difference. Drugs 1995;49:1–10.Google Scholar
- 3.Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical (ATC) classification Index. Oslo: WHO Collaborating Centre for Drug Statistic Methodology, 1995.Google Scholar
- 4.Boersma JJ, Gebel RS, Lamberts H. ICPC: met Nederlandse subtitels. 2nd ed. Utrecht: Nederlands Huisartsen Genootschap, 1994. ISBN 90 71714 31 4.Google Scholar
- 5.Ter Wee RJM, van der Kleijn E, Brenninkmeijer R, Holmberg N. Development of an electronic prescription processing option: an aid for general practice. Br J Gen 1991;41:151–4.Google Scholar