Some problems of recycling industrial materials
- 2 Downloads
The industrial system should learn from the natural ecosystem. The resource utilization efficiency should be increased and the environmental load should be decreased, depending on the materials recycled in the system. The classification of industrial materials from the viewpoint of large-scale recycling was stated. Recycling of materials, on three different levels, was introduced in the industrial system. The metal flow diagram in the life cycle of products, in the case of no materials recycled, materials partially recycled, and materials completely recycled, was given. The natural resource conservation and the waste emission reduction were analyzed under the condition of materials completely recycled. The expressions for the relation between resource efficiency and material recycling rate, and the relation between eco-efficiency and material recycling rate were derived, and the curves describing the relationship between them were protracted. The diagram of iron flow in the life cycle of iron and steel products in China, in 2001, was given, and the iron resource efficiency, material recycling rate, and iron eco-efficiency were analyzed. The variation of iron resource efficiency with the material recycling rate was analyzed for two different production ratios.
Key wordsrecycling industrial material product life cycle resource efficiency eco-efficiency material recycling rate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.DU Tao, CAI Jiu-ju, LU Zhong-wu. Influence of Material Flow in Steel Manufacturing Process on Atmosphere Environmental Load [J]. Journal of Iron and Steel Research, International, 2004, 11(2): 38.Google Scholar
- 2.Ayres R U. Industrial Metabolism: Theory and Policy, the Greening of Industrial Ecosystems [M]. Washington: National Academy Press, 2001.Google Scholar
- 3.LU Zhong-wu, CAI Jiu-ju, YU Qing-bo, et al. The Influence of Materials Flows in Steel Manufacturing Process on Its Energy Intensity [J]. Acta Metallurgical Sinica, 2000, 36(4): 370 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 4.LU Zhong-wu. Study on Some Aspects of Circular Economy [J]. Research of Environmental Sciences, 2003, 16(5); 1 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 5.LU Zhong-wu. Iron-Flow Analysis for the Life Cycle of Steel Products—A Study on the Source Index for Iron Emission [J], Acta Metallurgica Sinica, 2002, 38(1): 58 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 7.BU Qing-cai, LU Zhong-wu. Substance Flow Analysis and Its Application in Steel Industry [D]. Shenyang: Northeastern University, 2005 (in Chinese).Google Scholar