Two Kinds Equal Frequency Circuits to Achieve Locally Resonant Band Gap of a Circular Plate Attached Alternately by Piezoelectric Unimorphs
A circular thin plate is proposed for vibration attenuation, which is attached alternately by annular piezoelectric unimorphs with resonant shunt circuits. Two kinds of equal frequency resonant shunt circuits are designed to achieve an integrated locally resonant (LR) band gap (BG) with a much smaller transmission factor: (1) the structure is arrayed periodically while the resonant shunt circuits are aperiodic; (2) the resonant shunt circuits are periodic while the structure is aperiodic. The transmission factor curve is calculated, which is validated by the finite element method. Dependences of the LR BG performance upon the geometric and electric parameters are also analyzed.
Key Wordsband gap locally resonant periodic circular plate equal frequency shunt circuit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Wang, G., Wang, J., Chen, S. and Wen, J., Vibration attenuations induced by periodic arrays of piezoelectric patches connected by enhanced resonant shunting circuits. Smart Materials and Structures, 2011, 20(12): 125019.Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, G., Chen, S.B. and Wen, J.H., Low-frequency locally resonant band gaps induced by arrays of resonant shunts with Antoniou’s circuit: experimental investigation on beams. Smart Materials and Structures, 2011, 20(1): 015026.Google Scholar
- 19.Shen, Y.P., Chen, X.D., Jiang, W. and Luo, X., Spatial force-based non-prismatic beam element for static and dynamic analyses of circular flexure hinges in compliant mechanisms. Precision Engineering-Journal of the International Societies for Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology, 2014, 38(2): 311–320.Google Scholar
- 22.Shu, H.S., Liu, W., Li, S.D., Dong, L.Q., Wang, W.Y., Liu, S.G. and Zhao, D., Research on flexural wave band gap of a thin circular plate of piezoelectric radial phononic crystals. Journal of Vibration and Control, 2014, 10.1177/1077546314544694): 1–13.Google Scholar
- 27.Auld, B.A., Acoustic Fields and Waves in Solids. New York: Wiley, 1973.Google Scholar