SH waves in (1 – x)Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O3-xPbTiO3 Piezoelectric Layered Structures Loaded with Viscous Liquid
The velocity dispersion and attenuation of shear horizontal (SH) waves in a layered piezoelectric structure loaded with viscous liquid is studied, where the (1 — x)Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O3-xPbTiO3 [PMN-xPT] single crystal is chosen as the piezoelectric layer. The PMN-xPT is being polarized along c and c so that the macroscopic symmetries are mm 2 and 4 mm, respectively. For the nonconductive liquid, the electrically open and shorted conditions at the interface between the liquid and the piezoelectric layer are considered. The phase velocity equations are derived analytically. The effects of the electrically boundary condition, the viscous coefficient and mass density of liquid as well as the thickness of the PMN-xPT layer on the phase velocity and attenuation are graphically illustrated. The results show that the phase velocity for the c polarized PMN-0.29PT is much smaller than that for the c polarized PMN-0.33PT, and the effects of viscous coefficient and piezoelectric layer thickness on the phase velocity for the c case are stronger than that for the c case. In addition, the electrical boundary conditions have an obvious influence on the propagation behaviors. These results can be useful for the designs and applications of acoustic wave devices and liquid biosensors.
Key WordsPMN-xPT single crystal piezoelectric material SH wave viscous liquid phase velocity attenuation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 20.Chen, C.W., Zhang, R., Chen, H. and Cao, W.W., Guided wave propagation in 0.67Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O30.33PbTiO3 single crystal plate poled along c. Applied Physics Letters, 2007, 91(10): 102907.Google Scholar
- 21.Chen, C.W., Zhang, R. and Cao, W.W., Theoretical study on guided wave propagation in (1—x)Pb (Mg1/3Nb2/3)O3xPbTiO3 (x=0.29 and 0.33) single crystal plates. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 2009, 42(9): 095411.Google Scholar
- 23.Li, X.M., Zhang, R., Huang, N.X., Lü, T.Q. and Cao, W.W., Surface acoustic wave propagation properties in 0.67Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O3-0.33PbTiO3 single crystal poled along c. Applied Physics Letters, 2009, 95(24): 242906.Google Scholar
- 24.Li, X.M., Zhang, R., Huang, N.X., Lü, T.Q. and Cao, W.W., Surface acoustic wave propagation in Y- and Z-cut 0.67PbMgNbO30.33PbTiO3 single crystals. Journal of Applied Physics, 2009, 106(5): 054110.Google Scholar
- 25.Li, X.M., Zhang, R., Huang, N.X., Lii, T.Q. and Cao, W.W., Surface acoustic wave propagation in relaxor-based ferroelectric single crystals 0.93Pb(Zn1/3Nb2/3)O3-0.07PbTiO3 poled along c. Chinese Physics Letters, 2012, 29(2): 24302.Google Scholar
- 26.Huang, N.X., Lü, T.Q., Zhang, R. and Cao, W.W., High sensitivity gravimetric sensor made of carbon fiber epoxy composite on Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O3-PbTiO3 single crystal substrate. Applied Physics Letters, 2013, 103(5): 053507.Google Scholar
- 27.Huang, N.X., Lü, T.Q., Zhang, R. and Cao, W.W., High sensitivity gravimetric sensor made of unidirectional carbon fiber epoxy composite on (1—x)Pb(Zn1/3Nb2/3)O3-xPbTiO3 single crystal substrate. Chinese Physics B, 2014, 23(11): 117704.Google Scholar
- 28.Huang, N.X., Lü, T.Q., Wang, Y.L., Zhang, R. and Cao, W.W., Guided wave propagation in a gold electrode film on a Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O333%PbTiO3 ferroelectric single crystal substrate. Chinese Physics Letters, 2014, 31(10): 104302.Google Scholar