Free Vibration Analysis of Fluid-Conveying Carbon Nanotube via Wave Method
The wave method is introduced to vibration analysis of the fluid-conveying carbon nanotube. The constitutive relation of carbon nanotube on micro-scale is founded using the nonlocal elastic theory. The governing equation on micro-scale is obtained. And the first five orders of the natural frequency of the carbon nanotube conveying fluid with various speeds are calculated through the wave method. Besides, the critical flow velocity when the carbon nanotube loses stability is obtained. Meanwhile, a contrast is made between the result obtained through the wave method and that in previous researches.
Key Wordswave method non-local elastic theory natural frequency critical flow velocity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.Qu, G.M., Zhou, Z.G. and Du, S.Y., Investigation of the scattering of antiplane shear waves by two Griffith cracks using the non-local theory. Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, 1999, 12(3): 211–219.Google Scholar
- 15.Ni, Q., Wang, L. and Qian, Q., Chaotic transients in a curved fluid conveying tube. Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, 2005, 18(3): 207–214.Google Scholar
- 17.Wang, L., Ni, Q. and Huang, Y.Y., Hopf bifurcation of a nonlinearly restrained fluid conveying curved pipe by differential quadrature method. Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, 2003, 16(4): 345–352.Google Scholar
- 18.Wang, Z.M., Zhao, F.Q., Feng, Z.Y. and Liu, H.Z., The dynamic behaviors of viscoelastic pipe conveying fluid with the Kelvin model. Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, 2000, 13(3): 262–270.Google Scholar
- 19.Zhao, F., Wang, Z. and Feng, Z., Analysis of the dynamic behaviors of viscoelastic pipe conveying fluid with three-parameter solid model. Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, 2002, 23(4): 483–489.Google Scholar
- 20.Jian, X., Wai, C.K. and Ying, C.H.S., Co-dimension 2 bifurcations and chaos in cantilevered pipe conveying time varying fluid with three-to-one internal resonances. Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, 2003, 16(3): 245–255.Google Scholar
- 23.Li, B., Gao, H., Liu, Y., Lu, H. and Yue, Z., Wave propagation method for in-plane vibration of curved pipe conveying fluid. Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, 2012, 33(3): 302–308.Google Scholar