Measurement and Analysis of Laser Generated Rayleigh and Lamb Waves Considering its Pulse Duration
In this article, laser generated Rayleigh and Lamb waves are studied by taking into account its pulse duration. The physical model and theoretical solution are presented to predict the corresponding waveforms for aluminum samples under the ablation generation regime. The waveforms of the excited Rayleigh and Lamb waves by laser with selected pulse duration were measured by laser interferometer and analyzed theoretically, and the agreement between measurement and analysis is demonstrated for the validation of the theoretical model and solution. The broadening of the Rayleigh wave and the disappearing of high order Lamb wave modes can be found with the increase of the pulse duration by the laser ultrasonic technique.
Key WordsRayleigh wave Lamb wave pulse duration laser ultrasonic technique
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Liu, Z.Q. and Zhang, H.Y., Dispersion property of ultrasonic Lamb wave in solid-liquid-solid three-layered structure. Technical Acoustics, 2001, 10(2): 89–91 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 7.Pan, Y., Zhong, Z. and Audoin, B., Propagation of waves excited by laser line pulse in a two-layered cylinder. Chinese Journal of Solid Mechanics, 2009, 30(6): 571–578 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 11.Guan, J.F., Shen, Z.H., Xu, B.Q. Lu, J. and Ni, X.W., Numerical analysis of ultrasonic guided waves generated by pulsed laser in plate. Journal of Optoelectronics Laser, 2005, 16(2): 231–235 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 12.Gao, H., Shen, Z., Gao, H.D, Shen, Z.H., Xu, X.D. and Zhang, S.Y., Theoretical study of surface acoustic wave generated by pulsed laser in solids. Applied Acoustics, 2002, 21(5): 19–24 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 19.Zhao, Y.J., Pan, Y.D. and Qian, M.L., Calculation of dispersive properties of ultrasonic waves in a functionally gradient plate. Technical Acoustics, 2007, 26(5): 1008–1009 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 21.Li, F.C. and Meng, G., Dispersion analysis of Lamb waves with narrow frequency bands. Acta Physica Sinica, 2008, 57(7): 4265–4272 (in Chinese).Google Scholar