Bending responses of an exponentially graded simply-supported elastic/viscoelastic/elastic sandwich plate
The bending response for exponentially graded composite (EGC) sandwich plates is investigated. The three-layer elastic/viscoelastic/elastic sandwich plate is studied by using the sinusoidal shear deformation plate theory as well as other familiar theories. Four types of sandwich plates are considered taking into account the symmetry of the plate and the thickness of each layer. The effective moduli and Illyushin’s approximation methods are used to solve the equations governing the bending of simply-supported EGC fiber-reinforced viscoelastic sandwich plates. Then numerical results for deflections and stresses are presented and the effects due to time parameter, aspect ratio, side-to-thickness ratio and constitutive parameter are investigated.
Key wordssymmetric sandwich plates viscoelasticity EGC sinusoidal plate theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Plantema, F.J., Sandwich Construction: The Bending and Buckling of Sandwich Beam, Plates and Shells. New York: Wiley, 1966.Google Scholar
- Allen, H.G., Analysis and Design of Structural Sandwich Panels. Oxford: Pergamon Press, 1969.Google Scholar
- Zenkert, D., An Introduction to Sandwich Construction. Chameleon Press Ltd: London, 1995.Google Scholar
- Whitney, J.M., Structural Analysis of Laminated Anisotropic Plates. Lancaster, PA: Technomic, 1987.Google Scholar
- Vinson, J.R., The Behavior of Sandwich Structures of Isotropic and Composite Materials. Lancaster, PA: Technomic, 1999.Google Scholar
- Murthy, M.V., An improved transverse shear deformation theory for laminated anisotropic plates. NASA Technical, 1981: 1903.Google Scholar
- Huang, N.N., Viscoelastic buckling and post buckling of circular cylindrical laminated shells in hydrothermal environment. Journal of Marine Science and Technology, 1994, 2: 9–16.Google Scholar
- Illyushin, A. and Pobedria, B.E., Foundations of Mathematical Theory of Thermo Viscoelasticity. Moscow: Nauka, 1970(in Russian).Google Scholar