Transfer Matrix Method for Analyzing Vibration and Damping Characteristics of Rotational Shell with Passive Constrained Layer Damping Treatment
The first order differential matrix equations of the host shell and constrained layer for a sandwich rotational shell are derived based on the thin shell theory. Employing the layer wise principle and first order shear deformation theory, only considering the shearing deformation of the viscoelastic layer, the integrated first order differential matrix equation of a passive constrained layer damping rotational shell is established by combining with the normal equilibrium equation of the viscoelastic layer. A highly precise transfer matrix method is developed by extended homogeneous capacity precision integration technology. The numerical results show that present method is accurate and effective.
Key wordspassive constrained layer damping rotational shell transfer matrix method first order differential matrix equation precise integration technology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Li, E.Q., Li, D.K., Tang, G.J., Lei, Y.Y. and Lei, Y.J., Dynamic analysis of cylindrical shell with partially covered circumferential-shape constrained layer damping by the transfer function method. Acta Aeronautica Et Astronautica Sinica, 2007, 28(6): 1487–1493 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Luo, H.W., Proportional limit logarithmic model and stability coefficient of spherical shell. Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, 1997, 2: 153–157.Google Scholar
- Su, H.D. and Huang, Y.Y., A transfer matrix method for analyzing revolutionary shells. Engineering mechanics, 2008, 25(9): 1–6, 12 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Xiang, Y., Huang, Y.Y., Yuan, L.Y. and Wu, W.J., Analyses of coupled vibration and damping effect of liquid-filled circular cylindrical containers with constrained viscoelastic layer. Chinese Journal of Solid Mechanics, 2009, 30(5): 468–480 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Xiang, Y., Huang, Y.Y. and Huang, J.Q., A New extended homogeneous capacity integration method. Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology (Nature Science), 2002, 30(12): 74–76 (in Chinese).Google Scholar