Identification of elastic-plastic mechanical properties for bimetallic sheets by hybrid-inverse approach
Analysis, evaluation and interpretation of measured signals become important components in engineering research and practice, especially for material characteristic parameters which can not be obtained directly by experimental measurements. The present paper proposes a hybrid-inverse analysis method for the identification of the nonlinear material parameters of any individual component from the mechanical responses of a global composite. The method couples experimental approach, numerical simulation with inverse search method. The experimental approach is used to provide basic data. Then parameter identification and numerical simulation are utilized to identify elasto-plastic material properties by the experimental data obtained and inverse searching algorithm. A numerical example of a stainless steel clad copper sheet is considered to verify and show the applicability of the proposed hybrid-inverse method. In this example, a set of material parameters in an elasto-plastic constitutive model have been identified by using the obtained experimental data.
Key wordsidentification of parameters hybrid-inverse approach elasto-plastic mechanical properties of bimetallic sheets
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Laermann, K.H., Numerical methods for interpretation of measured data in solid mechanics. Proc. 21st Symposium on Experimental Mechanics of Solids, Jachranka, Poland, 2004a: 45–54.Google Scholar
- Laermann, K.H., Experimental/Numerical Parameter Identification for Visco-elastic Problems. The Archive of Mechanical Engineering, 2004b, LI(4): 581–594.Google Scholar
- Chen, J.Q., Wang, X.Y. and Luo, C., Reliability analysis of frp laminated plates with consideration of both initial imperfection and failure sequence. Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, 2002, 15(2): 227–235.Google Scholar
- Ren, H.L. and Ning, J.G., A dynamic compressive damage model for ceramics. Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, 2006, 27(3): 303–306 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Bai, J.Z. and Sun, Q., Neural-Network Based Bird Strike Loading Inverse to Aircraft Windshield. Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, 2005, 26(1): 77–82 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Liu, G.R. and Han, X., An inverse procedure for determination of material property of FGM. International Symposium on Inverse Problems in Engineering Mechanics, Nagano City, Japan: 2001, 63–71.Google Scholar
- Zhao, K.M. and Lee, J.K., Generation of cyclic stress-strain curves for sheet metals. Journal of Engineering Mateials and Technology, 2001, 123: 390–397.Google Scholar
- ABAQUS/Standard User’s Manual for Version 6.2, vols. I, II and III, Hibbitt, Karlsson & Sorensen, Inc.Google Scholar
- Gill, P.E., Murray, W. and Wright, M.H., Practical Optimization. Academic Press, 1982.Google Scholar