Behavior of air-entrained concrete after freeze-thaw cycles
The experimental study of air-entrained concrete specimens subjected to different cycles of freeze-thaw was completed. The dynamic modulus of elasticity, weight loss, the cubic compressive strength, compressive strength, tensile strength and cleavage strength of air-entrained concrete were measured after 0, 100, 200, 300, 400 cycles of freeze-thaw. The experimental results showed that the dynamic modulus of elasticity and strength decreased as the freeze-thaw was repeated. The influences of freeze-thaw cycles on the mechanical properties, the dynamic modulus of elasticity and weight loss were analyzed according to the experimental results. It can serve as a reference for the maintenance, design and the life prediction of dams, hydraulic structures, offshore structures, concrete roads and bridges in northern cold regions.
Key wordsair-entrained concrete freeze-thaw cycles mechanical properties the dynamic modulus of elasticity weight loss
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Parviz, S., Mohamed, N. and Austin, O., Freeze-thaw durability of lightweight carbon fiber reinforced cement composites. ACI Materials Journal, 1992, (September–October): 491–494.Google Scholar
- Cheng, H.Q., Zhang, L.S. and Li, P.X., The influence of freeze-thaw to concrete strength. Henan Science, 2003, 21(2): 214–216 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Qin,L.K., Study on the strength and deformation of concrete under multiaxial stress after high-temperature and freeze-thaw cycling. Dalian University of Technology. Doctoral dissertation, 2003 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Li, J.Y., Xu, W.Y., Cao, J.G., Lin, L. And Guan, Y.S., Study on the mechanism of concrete destruction under frost action. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 1999, 1: 41–49 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- GB175-99, National Standard of the People’s Republic of China, <Portland cement and ordinary portland cement>, The National Quality Technical Director of Bureau, 1999 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- GBJ82-85, National Standard of the People’s Republic of China, <the test method of long-term and durability on ordinary concrete>, 1997 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- GB/T 50081-2002, National Standard of the People’s Republic of China, <Standard for test method of mechanical properties on ordinary concrete>, 2002 (in Chinese).Google Scholar