Smith prediction monitor AGC system based on fuzzy self-tuning PID control
In accordance with the feature of pure delay in monitor AGC system for cold rolling mill, a new fuzzy self-tuning PID Smith prediction controller is developed. The position control model is deduced based on a single stand cold rolling mill, and the fuzzy controller for monitor AGC system is designed. The analysis of dynamic performance for traditional PID Smith prediction controller and fuzzy self-tuning PID Smith prediction controller is done by MAT-LAB toolbox. The simulation results show that fuzzy self-tuning PID Smith controller has stronger robustness, faster response and higher static accuracy than traditional PID Smith controller.
Key wordsmonitor AGC fuzzy self-tuning PID control Smith predictor position control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- DING Xiu-kun. Rolling Process Automation [M]. Beijing: Metallurgical Industry Press, 2002 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Ibrahim Kaya. Improving Performance Using Cascade Control and Smith Predictor [J]. ISA Transactions, 2001, 40(2): 223.Google Scholar
- Smith O J. A Controller to Overcome Dead Time [J]. ISA Journal, 1959, 6(2): 28.Google Scholar
- Smith O J. Closed Control of Loops With Dead Time [J]. Chemical Engineering Progress, 1957, 53(5): 217.Google Scholar
- QI Chun-yu, DI Hong-shuang, ZHANG Xiao-ming, et al. Application of Fuzzy Logic Controller to Level Control of Twin-Roll Strip Casting [J]. Journal of Iron and Steel Research International, 2003, 10(4): 28.Google Scholar
- LIU Jian-chang, GU Shu-sheng, ZHENG Shi-fu, et al. Application of Smith Prediction Control Strategy to AGC System [J]. Iron and Steel, 1998, 33(10): 40 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- HAN Li-qiang, LI Zhi-hong. An Improved Smith Predictor and Its Application for AGC in the Roll [J]. Journal of Hebei University, 2004(2): 131 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- FANG Yi-ming. HUANG Zhen-hai, J1AO Xiao-hong. Model Reference Fuzzy Adaptive Controller Designing of Hydraulic Servo Position Model [J]. Automation and Instrumentation, 2002(3): 6.Google Scholar
- HE Li-ping, LI Xu, LIU Xiang-hua, et al. Fuzzy Prediction Control for Coiling Temperature of Hot Tandem Rolled Gap [J]. Journal of Iron and Steel Research, 2006, 18(4): 23 (in Chinese).Google Scholar