High efficient blowing technique for large and medium converters
- 1 Downloads
The high efficient blowing technique includes increasing oxygen supply intensity and optimizing slag forming. The oxygen supply intensity on 300 t converters of No. 1 steelmaking shop at Baosteel reaches 3.83m3/(t • min), and at Taiyuan Steel, Lianyuan Steel, Pingxiang Steel and other steel plants, the oxygen supply intensity on medium converters is in the range of 4.0–4.4m3/(t • min). The productivity of converter can be increased by 8%–15% with adopting this technique. The whole technique, including design and manufacture of lance nozzle with reasonable pacnolontenue of outlets, technique of oxygen supply and slag forming, has been developed by CISR1 to meet the need of technique transfer.
Key wordsconverter oxygen supply intensity oxygen blowing time efficient dephosphorization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Pehlke R D. BOF Steelmaking [M]. New York: AIME, 1976.Google Scholar
- Remery A, Wittmann P. Speed Limitation of Oxygen Tube [J]. Journal of Metallurgy-CIT, 1983(4): 10.Google Scholar
- YANG Wen-yuan, WANG Ming-lin, SHI Hong-zhi. Water Modeling of Interaction Between Jets From Multi-Nozzle Lance and Bath in Large Converter [J]. Iron and Steel, 2004, 39(3): 16.Google Scholar
- Shapiro A H. The Dynamics Thermodynamics of Compressible Fluid Flow [M]. New York: The Ronald Press Company, 1953.Google Scholar
- Donald P. Current Development of the Multiple Hale Lance Tip for LD Converters [C] //Proceedings of Steelmaking Conference. New York: Iron and Steel Society, 1992: 161.Google Scholar
- Keilman L M. Oxygen Lance Design Modification to Improve the Lance Life and Performance [C] //Proceedings of Steelmaking Conference. New York: Iron and Steel Society, 1993: 145.Google Scholar
- Samlasivam R, Lenka S. A New Lance Design for BOF Steelmaking [J]. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, 2007 (2): 45.Google Scholar
- Flinn A. Jet Penetration and Bath Circulation in Basic Oxygen Furnace [J]. Transaction of the Metallurical of AIME, 1967 (239): 1776.Google Scholar
- YANG Wen-yuan, WANG Ming-lin, CUI Shu-xian. Application of Mineralogical Morphology to Converter Steelmaking [J]. Journal of Iron and Steel Research, 2007, 19(12): 10 (in Chinese).Google Scholar