Mathematical model of microstructure evolution of X60 line pipe steel during CSP hot rolling
- 3 Downloads
An integrated process modelling system for simulating the microstructure evolution of Nb-microalloyed HSLA steel produced in CSP hot rolling process has been developed on the basis of the microstructure simulation and mechanical properties prediction technology. 3-D thermomechanical coupled finite element models for simulating hot strip rolling have been developed and the distribution of equivalent plastic strain through the thickness direction of the rolled material by CSP rolling was obtained. Thus the distribution of temperature, strain and strain rate through the thickness of the steel stocks, as well as the microstructure evolution during hot rolling of X60 line pipe steel strip has been investigated by using the developed integrated process modelling system. In addition, the determination and optimization of controllable process parameters during CSP hot strip rolling for the Nb-microalloyed X60 line pipe steel have been implemented, and control strategies such as adopting larger pass reduction in the first stand, arranging appropriate pass interval times and proper rolling speed, to reduce or eliminate mixed grain microstructure of Nb micro-alloyed strip in CSP processing have been proposed.
Key wordsCSP line pipe steel niobium microalloying microstructure evolution mathematical modelling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- LIU Qing-you, DONG Han, SUN Xin-jun. Mixed-Grains Microstructure of Nb Microalloyed Strip and Eliminating Methods in CSP Processing [J]. Iron and steel, 2003, 38(8): 16 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- DeArdo A J, Marraccini R, Hua M J. Producing High Quality Niobium-Bearing Steels Using CSP Process at Nucor Steel Berkeley [J]. Iron and Steel, 2006, 41 (Supplement): 100 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- TANG Guang-bo. Numerical Simulation of Metallurgical Process Evolution During Multipass Hot Rolling of Steel Strip and Its Application [D]. Beijing: University of Science and Technology Beijing. 2005 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- LI Quan. Numerical Simulation of Microstructure Evolution and Non-Uniform Strain of Nb-Bearing HSLA Steel Produced in CSP Process [D]. Beijing: Central Iron and Steel Research Institute, 2008.Google Scholar
- Siciliano F, Leduc L L. Modeling of the Microstructural Evolution and Mean Flow Stress During Thin Slab Casting/Direct Rolling of Niobium Microalloyed Steels [J]. Materials Science Forum, 2005(500/501): 221.Google Scholar
- Irvine K J, Pickering F B, Gladman T. Grain Refined C-Mn Steels [J]. JISI, 1967, 205: 161.Google Scholar