Influence of aging treatment on precipitation behavior of η phase in Ni-Co-Cr alloy
- 3 Downloads
The influence of aging treatment on precipitation behavior of η phase in a new Ni-Co-Cr fastener superalloy, AEREX350, was investigated by means of optical microscopy, scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and transmission electron microscopy (TEM). The precipitation behavior of η phase with two kinds of morphologies in this material was found to be sensitive to the temperature and time of aging treatment. Time-temperature-transformation curves of these two η phase were achieved. Furthermore, diffraction patterns revealed the semi-coherent orientation relationship between Η phase and γ matrix. This approach may be used to optimize the microstructure of the alloy for excellent mechanical properties.
Key wordsprecipitation Η phase aging
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- SPS Technologies Aerospace Fasteners Group. Superalloys Developed by SPS Technologies for Aerospace Fasteners [R]. Jenkitown: SPS Technologies Inc, 1998.Google Scholar
- ASM Internation. Cobalt Alloy [J]. Alloy Digest, 1974: Co-68.Google Scholar
- Buzolits S. New High Temperature Alloy Characterized by Superior Alloy Properties at Temperatures to 1 350 °F [J]. Industrial Heating, 1994, 61(12): 34.Google Scholar
- Buzolits S R, Kline L A. Bolting Alloy Fills High Temperature Gap [J]. Advanced Materials and Processes, 1995, 147(2): 33.Google Scholar
- ASM International. Nickel Alloy [J]. Alloy Digest, 1995 (5): Ni-479.Google Scholar
- Tomasello C M, Pettit F S, Birks N, et al. Precipitation Behavior in AEREX350 [C] //Kissinger R D, Deye D J, Anton D L, et al, eds. Superalloys 1996. Warrendale, TMS, 1996: 145.Google Scholar
- Shibata T, Shudo Y, Takahashi T, et al. Effect of Stabilizing Treatment on Precipitation Behavior of Alloy 706 [C] //Kissinger R D, Deye D J, Anton D L, et al, eds. Superalloys 1996. Warrendale: TMS, 1996: 627.Google Scholar
- Danflou H L, Marty M, Walder A. Formations of Serrated Grain Boundaries and Their Effect on the Mechanical Properties in a P/M Nickel Base Superalloy [C] //Antolovich S D, Stusrud R W, MacKay R A, et al, eds. Superalloys 1992. Warrendale: TMS, 1992: 63.Google Scholar