A kind of plate laminar cooling strategy with high response and steady precision
- 1 Downloads
After Smith Predictor being used to laminar cooling system, the control law for integral regulators is introduced. New notion of plate sample length is given for evading the delay time varying with the roll table speed. It is found that the integral algorithm is more controllable for system regulating process and has better steady state precision. Compared with the traditional control strategies, the new control law has faster response speed and higher steady state precision. The controller can be regulated in shorter time and the response is faster than that of routine controller and it can effectively eliminate the oscillatory instability. Owing to its easy realization and high stability, it has been applied to a plate mill. The accuracy of finish cooling temperature can be controlled within ±10 °C.
Key wordsplate laminar cooling Smith Predictor time delay system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- SUN Yi-kang. Model and Control of Hot Strip Mill [M]. Beijing: Metallurgical Industry Press, 2002 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- TU Zhi-ying. Process Control System [M]. Beijing: China Machine Press, 1983 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- LI Zheng-jun. Computer Control System [M]. Beijing: China Machine Press, 2005 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Smith O J M. Closer Control of Loops With Dead Time [J]. Chemical Engineering Progress, 1957, 53: 217.Google Scholar
- Smith O J M. Feedback Control Systems [M]. New York: McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1958.Google Scholar
- ZHANG Dian-hua, LIU Wen-hong, LIU Xiang-hua. Control Models and Control Strategy of Hot Strip Mill’s Laminar Cooling System [J]. Iron and Steel, 2004, 39(2): 43.Google Scholar