Temperature field for improving internal quality of stretched round billet
Based on the rigid-plastic theory, using a coupled thermomechanical model, the stretching process of a circular section billet is simulated by means of FEM software Deform-2D. Through the distribution of internal stress fields of stretched round billet, it is found that the shear stress field is the main factor to induce Mannesmann’s effect. The simulation results show that a reasonable distribution of the temperature field may improve the internal quality of the circular section billet in the stretching process.
Key wordsstretching temperature field Mannesmann’s effect simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- WANG Lei-gang, HUANG Yao, LIU Zhu-bai. Development and Prospective of Heavy Forging Stretching Process [J]. Journal of Plasticity Engineering, 2002, 9(2): 28 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Kallstrom R. Improved Forging Technical With Conical V-Shape Tools [J]. Scandinavian Journal of Metallurgy, 1983, 1(12): 29.Google Scholar
- Masayoshi Kawai. On the Mannesmann Effect Appearing in the Course of Solid Forging of Steel Ingot [A]. Steel Castings and Forgings Association of Japan, eds. Proc 8th International Forgemasters Meeting [C]. Tokyo: Steel Castings and Forgings Association of Japan, 1977. 421.Google Scholar
- Cook P M. Dependence of Mechanical Properties of Forgings on Local Strain [J]. Journal of the Iron and Steel Institute, 1959, (4): 250.Google Scholar
- XU Si-hai, JIANG Ping, QU Zai-wen. The Reasonable Selection of the Forging Process and Reducing the Manufacturing Cost for the Forgings [J]. Heavy Castings and Forgings, 2007, (1): 31 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Tanaka M, Ono S, Tsukada H. Effect of Hydrostatic Pressure on Porosity Consolidation During Open Die Forging [A]. Inst of Metals, eds. Proc 10th International Forging Conference [C]. London: Inst of Metals, 1985. 36.Google Scholar
- Benkelman D, Forch K, Fleischer M, et al. Forging of Heavy Continuous Grain Flow (CGF) Crankshafts Without Intermediate Cooling [A]. Forging Industry Education and Research Foundation of USA, eds. Proc 12th International Forgemasters Meeting [C]. Chicago: Forging Industry Education and Research Foundation of USA, 1994. 10.1.Google Scholar
- Shoichi Kano. Study on the Bonding of the Internal Porosity of Steel Ingot by Radial Forging [J]. Plasticity and Processing, 1966, 7(61): 83 (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- QIN Si-ji. A New JTS Process for Heavy Forging With Temperature Difference of One Dimension [J]. Forging and Stamping Technology, 2002, 27(3): 18 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- LU Yan. Forging Technology [M]. Beijing: Engineering Industry Press, 1995 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- DENG Zhi, CAO Qi-xiang. The Influence of Central Pressure Method to Improving Forging Quality [J]. Journal of University of Science and Technology Beijing, 1991, 13(4): 337 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- LIU Zhu-bai. Theory of Stretching a Blank With Rectangular Cross Section Between Flat Tools [A]. Forging Industry Education and Research Foundation, eds. Proc 12th International Forgemasters Conference [C]. Chicago: Forging Industry Education and Research Foundation, 1994. 7.5.Google Scholar