Friction coefficient between rolling tube and mandrel of full floating mandrel mill
In the process of steel tube production, continuous tube rolling is the foremost forming procedure and the critical step that decides the dimension precision and the surface quality. In the actual production of the ϕ140 mm full floating mandrel mill in Steel Tube Branch in Baosteel, steel T91 was chosen to be the typical sample, self-made rolling force transducer and mandrel velocity testing equipment were used, and a series of comprehensive tests on rolling parameters including the rolling force and mandrel velocity were carried out. After the experiment, the friction state between rolling tube and mandrel was analyzed. The friction coefficient was calculated and the values of 0.033–0.074 in each mill were obtained. The friction coefficient increases obviously along the rolling direction.
Key wordscontinuous tube rolling rolling force mandrel velocity friction coefficient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.GONG Yao, ZHOU Guo-ying. Continuous Rolling Pipe [M]. Beijing: Metallurgical Industry Press, 1992 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 2.ZHANG Pi-jun, LU Yu-qiu. Investigation on the “Stomach” in the Tube Rolled by Mandrel Mill [J]. Iron and Steel, 1995, 30(2): 37 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 3.LAN Xing-chang, LIU Hong-min, LIAN Jian-chuang. Effect of Mandrel Moving Speed and Mandrel Friction on Continuous Seamless-Tube Rolling Process [J]. Iron and Steel, 1994, 29 (9): 28 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 5.WANG Xian-jin, XU Shu-cheng. Theory of Continuous Rolling Pipe [M]. Beijing: Metallurgical Industry Press, 2005 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 6.WANG Bei-ming. Overseas Development of Continuous Tube Rolling [M]. Beijing: Metallurgical Industry Press, 1978 (in Chinese).Google Scholar