Application of Response Surface Methodolody to Prediction of Dilution in Plasma Transferred Arc Hardfacing of Stainless Steel on Carbon Steel
- 2 Downloads
The application of response surface methodology was highlighted to predict and optimize the percentage of dilution of iron-based hardfaced surface produced by the PTA (plasma transferred arc welding) process. The experiments were conducted based on five-factor five-level central composite rotatable design with full replication technique and a mathematical model was developed using response surface methodology. Furthermore, the response surface methodology was also used to optimize the process parameters that yielded the lowest percentage of dilution.
Key wordsplasma transferred arc hardfacing dilution response surface methodology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Budinski Kenneth G. Surface Engineering for Wear Resistance [M]. New York, Prentice-Hall Inc, 1988.Google Scholar
- Nadkarni S V. Modern Arc Welding Technology [M]. New Delhi: Oxford and IBH Publishing Co Pvt Ltd, 1996.Google Scholar
- Grainger S. Engineering Coatings—Design and Application [M]. 1st ed. Cambridge: Abington Publishing, 1989.Google Scholar
- Subramaniam S, White D R, Jones J E, et al. Experimental Approach to Selection of Pulsing Parameters in Pulsed GMAW [J]. Welding Journal, 1999, 78(5): 166s.Google Scholar
- Allen T T, Richardson R W, Tagliabue D P, et al. Statistical Process Design for Robotic GMA Welding of Sheet Metal [J]. Welding Journal, 2002, 81(5): 69s.Google Scholar
- Murugan N, Parmer R S. Stainless Steel Cladding Deposited by Automatic Gas Metal Arc Welding [J]. Welding Journal, 1997, 76(10): 391s.Google Scholar
- Balasubramanian V, Varahamoorthy R, Ramachandran C S, et al. Selection of Welding Process for Hardfacing on Carbon Steels Based on Quantitative and Qualitative Factors [J]. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 10. 1007/s00170-008-1406-8.Google Scholar
- Montgomery D C. Design and Analysis of Experiments 3 [M]. New York, John Wiley, 2001.Google Scholar