Numerical Simulation and Sensitivity Analysis of Parameters for Multistand Roll Forming of Channel Section With Outer Edge
- 1 Downloads
Cold roll forming is a high production but complex metal forming process under the conditions of coupled effects with multi-factor. A new booting finite element method (FEM) model using the updated Lagrangian (UL) method for multistand roll forming process is developed and validated. Compared with most of the literatures related to roll forming simulation, the new model can take the roll rotation into account and is well suited for simulating multistand roll forming. Based on the model, the process of a channel section with outer edge formed with twelve passes is simulated and the sensitivity analysis of parameters is conducted with orthogonal design combined FEM model It is found that the multistand roll forming process can be efficiently analyzed by the new booting model, and sensitivity analysis shows that the yield strength plays an important role in controlling the quality of the products.
Key wordscold roll forming multistand roll forming sensitivity FEM model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kiuchi M, Koudabashi T. Automated Design System of Optimal Roll Profiles for Cold Roll Forming [A]. Bedford, eds. Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Rotary Metalworking Processes [C]. Kyoto: IFS (Conference) Ltd, 1984. 423.Google Scholar
- McClure C, Li H. Roll Forming Simulation Using Finite Element Analysis [J]. Manuf Rev, 1995, 8(2): 114.Google Scholar
- Bhattacharya D, Smith P D. The Development of Longitudinal Strain in Cold Roll Forming and Its Influence on Product Straightness [A]. The Japan Soc for Tech of Plasticity, ed. First International Conference on Technology of Plasticity [C]. Tokyo, The Japan Soc for Tech of Plasticity, 1984. 422.Google Scholar
- Brunet M. Numerical Analysis of Cold-Forming Residual Stresses in Thin Walled Structures [A]. Jean-Loup Chenot, eds. Proceedings of the Fourth NUMIFORM Conference [C]. Rotterdam: Taylor and Francis Inc, 1992. 427.Google Scholar
- Zhu S D. Theoretical and Experimental Analysis of Roll Forming [D]. New Zealand, University of Auckland, 1993.Google Scholar
- Bathe K J. Finite Element Procedures [M]. Englewood Cliffs: Prentice-Hall, 1996.Google Scholar
- ABAQUS. ABAQUS Analysis User’s Manual [M]. South Bend, Hibbitt Karlsson and Sorensen Inc, 2004.Google Scholar
- Bui Q V, Papeleux L, Boman R, et al. Numerical Simulation of Cold Roll Forming Process [A]. Dorel Banabic, eds. Proceedings of the Eighth ESAFORM Conference on Material Forming [C]. Cluj-Nàpoca, The Romanian Academy Publishing House Bucharest, 2005. 141.Google Scholar