Esterification of benzoic acid in a continuous flow microwave reactor
- 47 Downloads
The direct esterification of benzoic acid with a series of aliphatic alcohols was performed in a continuous flow microwave (MW) reactor. In the first stage, the reactivity of the alcohols towards benzoic acid was mapped in a batch MW reactor. Then, the different esterifications were optimized in the continuous reactor. All parameters including the temperature could be controlled.
KeywordsEsterification Benzoic acid Alcohols MW irradiation Batch reactor Continuous flow reactor ᅟ
The above project was supported by the Hungarian Scientific Research Fund (PD111895), the Hungarian Research Development and Innovation Fund (K119202) and the National Research, Development and Innovation Fund of Hungary in the frame of FIEK_16-1-2016-0007 (Higher Education and Industrial Cooperation Center) project.
- 7.de la Hoz A, Díaz-Ortiz A (2017) Nonconventional techniques in sustainable flow chemistry. In: Vaccaro L (ed) Sustainable flow chemistry: methods and applications. Wiley, Weinheim, pp 219–248Google Scholar
- 8.Bálint E, Keglevich G (2016) The spread of the application of the microwave technique in organic synthesis. In: Keglevich G (ed) Milestones in microwave chemistry. Springer, Switzerland, pp 1–10Google Scholar
- 10.Moseley JD (2010) Microwave heating as a tool for process chemistry. In: Leadbeater N (ed) Microwave heating as a tool for sustainable chemistry. CRC press, New York, pp 105–147Google Scholar
- 11.Keglevich G, Sallay P, Greiner I (2008). Hung Chem J 63:278–283Google Scholar
- 16.In Patai S (ed) (1969) The chemistry of carboxyl acids and esters. Wiley, ChichesterGoogle Scholar
- 18.In Otera J, Nishikido J (eds) (2010) Esterification: methods, reactions, and applications. Wiley, WeinheimGoogle Scholar
- 31.Chen S-T, Chiou S-H, Wang K-T (1990) J Chem Soc Chem Commun 807–809Google Scholar
- 34.Krull M, Moschhaeuser R (2012) Continuous method for producing esters of aromatic carboxylic acids. U.S. Patent 0088918, Apr. 12, 2012Google Scholar