Non-Linear and Non-Iterative Based Transceiver Design for SU-MIMO Systems
This paper considers the design of a low-complexity and high-performance precoder for multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) systems. The precoder is designed by combining both nonlinear and non-iterative processing strategies. The proposed nonlinear precoding techniques employ a nonlinear constellation precoding technique based on maximum distance separable codes at the transmitter. We propose to reduce the computational complexity in iterative-based precoding algorithms by using less complex non-iterative singular value decomposition-based joint precoder and decoder pair design. The maximum likelihood detection for the linear MIMO channel is considered. The simulation results showed that the proposed nonlinear and non-iterative precoding schemes outperform the conventional linear MIMO precoder design, even when a reduced-complexity suboptimal strategy is adopted, considering the bit error rate performance.
Keywordsmultiple-input multiple-output singular value decomposition maximum distance separable codes subcarrier grouping diversity channel selection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Raja, P. Muthuchidambaranathan. BER performance of SVD-based transmit beamforming with various modulation techniques [C]//5th IEEE International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS), 2010: 155–160Google Scholar
- M. Kang, M. S. Alouini. Performance analysis of MIMO MRC systems over Rician fading channels [C]//IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, 2002: 869–873Google Scholar
- A. Yadav, M. Juntti, J. Lilleberg. Linear precoder design for correlated partially coherent channels with discrete inputs [C]//Proceedings of the Tenth International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems, 2013: 1–5Google Scholar
- M. Bengtsson, B. Ottersten. Optimal and suboptimal transmit beamforming [M]. Handbook of Antennas in Wireless Communication, CRC Press, 2001Google Scholar
- X. Zhang, D. P. Palomar. Robust design of linear mimo transceivers under channel uncertainty [C]//IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, 2006: IV77–IV80Google Scholar
- K. Sanka, M. Raja, P. Muthuchidambaranathan. Improved minimum total MSE transceiver design with imperfect CSI at both ends of a MIMO link [C]//IEEE International Conference on Electronics Computer Technology (ICECT), 2011: 23–27Google Scholar
- I. Jimenez, M. Barrenechea, M. Mendicute, et al. Non-linear precoding approaches for non-regenerative multiuser MIMO relay systems [C]//Proceedings of the 20th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO), 2012: 1399–1403Google Scholar
- T. Kailath, H. Vikalo, B. Hassibi. MIMO receive algorithms space-time wireless systems: from array processing to MIMO communications [M]. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2005.Google Scholar