Development of new beam current transformer based on TMR
- 50 Downloads
Purpose and background
As the magneto-resistor technology is developed, applying it to beam instrumentation for the accelerator becomes possible. In this paper, a new principle beam current sensor based on TMR linear sensor is introduced.
Feasibility research by simulation and calculation has been done, a study of the critical component for the whole system has been carried out, and all these are presented in this paper.
Results and conclusions
Laboratory test results include the nonlinear error, and resolution analysis is introduced. Specific work plan for the next step of the improvement and upgrade is also referred to.
KeywordsBeam current Magneto-resistor CST
- 1.K.B. Unser, The parametric current transformer, a beam current monitor developed for LEP, in Accelerator Instrumentation Conference Proceedings, Virginia, 1991Google Scholar
- 2.U. Raich, Experience with intensity measurement performance limitations at CERN, CARE-Conf-2004-023-HHH, Lyon, 2004Google Scholar
- 3.E. Soliman, K. Hofmann, Sensor studies for DC current transformer application, in Proceedings of the 3th International Beam Instrumentation Conference, Monterey, 2014Google Scholar
- 4.J. Zhao, Z. Ying, Particle Accelerator Technology (Higher Education Press, Beijing, 2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Y. Zhao, Y. Du, J. He, et al., A preliminary study of a current transformer based on TMR sensor, in Proceeding of the 6th International Beam Instrumentation Conference, Grand Rapids, 2017Google Scholar
- 6.Datasheet of TMR900X. http://www.dowaytech.com/sensor/linear_magnetic_field_sensors.html
- 7.Z. Xiuke, Magnetic Element in Switching Power Supply (Liaoning Science and Technology Press, Shenyang, 2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Y. Zhao, J. He, L. Wang, Y. Sui, J. Cao, Thermal analysis and solutions of NPCT. High Power Laser Particle Beams 30(08), 2–6 (2018)Google Scholar
- 9.Y. Mingchao, Automatic Detection and Conversion Technology (Beijing Institute of Technology Press, Beijing, 2011)Google Scholar