Reliability-based optimization design of the latch needle mechanism in double-needle warp knitting machine
- 24 Downloads
Based on the matrix method and clearance vector model, a simple, accurate, efficient and general mechanical reliability analysis method is presented to analyze the reliability of a complex linkage mechanism with structural errors and clearances. The output error variances of the latch needle mechanism in double-needle warp knitting machine are obtained based on this matrix method and verified by Monte-Carlo method. Then, an optimization design method for the latch needle mechanism is presented with the use of genetic algorithm, considering the motion requirement and output errors. The optimized latch needle mechanism can meet the double-dwell motion requirement, and has higher displacement accuracy and reliability under the same structural errors and clearance conditions. This method has practical engineering value in solving the contradiction between high precision loop-forming motion and multi-link accumulative errors, reducing cost, and providing a reference for the optimization design for loop forming mechanism in a warp knitting machine.
KeywordsReliability Optimization design Latch needle mechanism Warp knitting machine Matrix method
This project is supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (51375084), Research Fund for the Doctoral Program of Higher Education of China (20130075110002) and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (CUSF-DH-D-2017061).
- 2.Liu X, Hu XD, Chen HL (2012) An analysis on the kinematics of looping mechanism of warp knitting machine. Knitt Ind 2:3–5Google Scholar
- 3.Shen HP, Li M, Wang MQ et al (2015) Knitting motion analysis and mechanism design for multi-bar warp knitting machine. China Mech Eng 26:1457–1470Google Scholar
- 8.Huang XZ, Zhang YM (2012) Probabilistic approach to system reliability of mechanism with correlated failure models. Math Probl Eng 2012:243–253Google Scholar
- 11.Shi Z (1997) Synthesis of mechanical error in spatial linkages based on reliability concept. Chin J Mech Eng 32(2):255–259Google Scholar
- 14.Farajtabar M, Daniali HM, Varedi SM (2016) Error compensation for continuous path operation of 3-RRR planar parallel manipulator with clearance in the joints. J Sci Eng 7:20–33Google Scholar
- 15.Gholaminezhad I, Jamali A, Assimi H (2016) Multi-objective reliability-based robust design optimization of robot gripper mechanism with probabilistically uncertain parameters. Nat Comput Appl Forum 2016:1–12Google Scholar
- 19.Huang JH, Cao QL (2015) Sinker design of the double needle bar warp knitting machine. Knitt Ind 2:18–21Google Scholar