Novel dihydropyrimidine derivatives as potential HDAC inhibitors: in silico study
Dihydropyrimidine derivatives possess many biological activities due to presence of pyrimidine ring structure in various nucleic acids, vitamins, coenzymes, uric acid and their derivatives. They have possessed broad spectrum actions like antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, anticancer and antihypertensive etc. Before synthesis of compounds, it is good to predict biological activity using in silico methods. Here, we have selected some of N (3a–f) and O (4a–f) mannich bases of dihydro pyrimidine derivatives emphasized on histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC-4) inhibitions activity. We have used the different software tools like Lipinski’s rule of five; pass online; osiris property explorer and docking studies to predict anti cancer activity. All the selected compounds exhibited potential drug like molecule with anti cancer activity. Among all compound the substitution with methoxy group (3c) exhibited more drugs like property and substation with hydrogens (4a) showed high anti neoplastic activity; whereas substitution with dichloro groups (4e) showed more drug docking scores. These were compared with standard drugs tamoxifen and 5-flourouracil. The approach of predicting anticancer activity using in silico method may be more useful to select and synthesis novel compounds in research as well as in industry.
KeywordsDihydropyrimidines In Silico Lipinski’s rule Pass online Osiris property explorer HDAC-4 enzyme
- Atwal KS, Swanson BN, Unger SE, Floyd DM, Moreland S, Hedberg A et al (1991) Dihydropyrimidine calcium channel blockers. 3. 3-carbamoyl-4-aryl-1, 2, 3, 4-tetrahydro-6-methyl-5-pyrimidinecarboxylic acid esters as orally effective antihypertensive agents. J Med Chem 34:806–811CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Dutta S, Sutradhar S, Sachan K (2010) Computer-aided drug design-a new approach in drug design and discovery. Computer 4:025Google Scholar
- Molecular Properties Prediction (2017) OSIRIS property explorer. http://www.organic-chemistry.org/prog/peo/. Accessed 14 Apr 2017
- Sahu M, Siddiqui N (2016) A review on biological importance of pyrimidines in the new era. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2016:14Google Scholar
- Shah T, Gupte A, Patel M, Chaudhari V, Patel H, Patel V (2010) Synthesis and in vitro study of biological activity of heterocyclic N-Mannich bases of 3,4-dihydro-pyrimidine-2 (1H)-thiones. Indian J Chem Sect B Org Incl Med 49:578Google Scholar