Wavelet Transform Based Filter to Remove the Notches from Signal Under Harmonic Polluted Environment
- 48 Downloads
The work proposes to annihilate the notches present in the synchronizing signal required for converter operation appearing due to switching of semiconductor devices connected to the system in the harmonic polluted environment. The disturbances in the signal are suppressed by wavelet based novel filtering technique. In the proposed technique, the notches in the signal are determined and eliminated by the wavelet based multi-rate filter using ‘Daubechies4’ (db4) as mother wavelet. The computational complexity of the adapted technique is very less as compared to any other conventional notch filtering techniques. The proposed technique is developed in MATLAB/Simulink and finally validated with dSPACE-1103 interface. The recovered signal, thus obtained, is almost free of the notches.
KeywordsDownsampling Filter Notches Upsampling Wavelets
Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad for providing financial grant under Faculty Research Scheme Vide No. FRS (35)/2012-13/EE.
- 1.J.T. Bialasiewicz, D. Gonzalez, J. Balcells, J. Gago, Wavelet analysis of the effectiveness of conducted EMI reduction in power converters, in 31st Annual Conference of IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON), Nov 2005, pp. 1110–1115Google Scholar
- 9.Recommended Practice for Monitoring Electric Power Quality, in IEEE Std 1159-1995, Oct 1995, pp. c1–81Google Scholar
- 11.R.A. Adams, R.C. Catoe, J.G. Dalton, S.G. Whisenant, Power quality issues within modern industrial facilities, in IEEE, Atlanta, GA, 2–3 May 1990Google Scholar
- 13.A. Gole, A. Keri, C. Nwankpa, E. Gunter, H. Dommel, I. Hassan, J. Marti, J. Martinez, K. Fehrle, L. Tang, M. McGranaghan, O. Nayak, P. Ribeiro, R. Iravani, R. Lasseter, Guidelines for modeling power electronics in electric power engineering applications. IEEE Trans. Power Deliv. 12(1), 505–514 (1997)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.R. Ghandehari, A. Shoulaie, D. Habibinia, The problems of voltage notch phenomena in power AC/DC converters, in 42nd International Universities Power Engineering Conference, 2007. UPEC 2007, Brighton, 2007Google Scholar
- 15.D. Shipp, W. Vilcheck, Power quality and line considerations for variable speed AC drives, in Industrial and Commercial Power Systems Technical Conference, May 1995, p. 8Google Scholar
- 19.C. Burrus, R.A. Guo, H. Gopinath, Introduction to Wavelets and Wavelet Transforms, taco.poly.edu., 1998Google Scholar
- 21.I. Daubechies, Ten Lectures on Wavelets, in CBMS-NSF Regional Conference Series in Applied Mathematics, 1992Google Scholar