Biometric Authentication for Gender Classification Techniques: A Review
One of the challenging biometric authentication applications is gender identification and age classification, which captures gait from far distance and analyze physical information of the subject such as gender, race and emotional state of the subject. It is found that most of the gender identification techniques have focused only with frontal pose of different human subject, image size and type of database used in the process. The study also classifies different feature extraction process such as, Principal Component Analysis (PCA) and Local Directional Pattern (LDP) that are used to extract the authentication features of a person. This paper aims to analyze different gender classification techniques that help in evaluating strength and weakness of existing gender identification algorithm. Therefore, it helps in developing a novel gender classification algorithm with less computation cost and more accuracy. In this paper, an overview and classification of different gender identification techniques are first presented and it is compared with other existing human identification system by means of their performance.
KeywordsFeature selection Feature extraction Human identification system PCA LDP, Gender classification methods
- 3.S. Gutta, et al., in Comparative performance evaluation of gray-scale and color information for face recognition tasks. AVBPA (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.K. Arai, R. Andrie, Gender classification with human gait based on skeleton model. in 2013 Tenth International Conference on Information Technology: New Generations (ITNG), pp. 113–118 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.L. Ballihi, et al., Geometric based 3D facial gender classification. in Communications Control and Signal Processing (ISCCSP), 2012 5th International Symposium on. IEEE (2012).Google Scholar
- 9.J. Tang, X. Liu, H. Cheng, K.M. Robinette, Gender recognition using 3-D human body shapes. IEEE Trans. Syst. Man Cybern. Part C Appl. Rev. 41(6), 898–908 (2011).Google Scholar
- 26.Y. Hu, J. Yan, P. Shi, A fusion-based method for 3D facial gender classification. in 2010 The 2nd International Conference on Computer and Automation Engineering (ICCAE), vol 5, pp. 369–372 (2010)Google Scholar