Deterministic Investigations of Automated Driving Functions
The progressive development of modern driver assistance systems is leading to increasing automation of vehicle guidance. In the validation of electronic control systems, virtual development and test methods have long been a standard component of the vehicle development process. To establish automated driving functions in the market, a high level of customer benefit must be achieved as well as reliably fulfilling the functional requirements. In the development of these kinds of systems, ensuring drivability, usability, comfort and driver acceptance therefore play a crucial role. The Research Institute of Automotive Engineering and Vehicle Engines Stuttgart is working with the University of Stuttgart on a method which enables the driver to interact with new kinds of systems.
In early development phases, the ranges of sub-functions and overall functions are tested and validated using Software in the Loop (SiL) and Hardware in the Loop (HiL) tests. To consider the interaction...
- SAE Standard J3016: Taxonomy and Definitions for Terms Related to Driving Automation Systems for On-Road Motor Vehicles. SAE International, 2014Google Scholar
- Pitz, J.; Rothermel, T.; Kehrer, M.; Reuss, H.-C.: Predictive Motion Cueing Algorithm for Development of Interactive Assistance Systems. 16th Stuttgart International Symposium, Stuttgart, 2016Google Scholar
- Baumann, G.; Riemer, T.; Liedecke, C.; Rumbolz, P.; Schmidt, A.; Piegsa, A.: The New Driving Simulator of Stuttgart University. 12th Stuttgart International Symposium, Stuttgart, 2012Google Scholar
- Ronald, C. A.: Behavior-Based Robotics (Intelligent Robotics and Autonomous Agents). A Bradford Book, 2000Google Scholar
- Rothermel, T.; Pitz, J.; Reuss, H.-C.: Semi-Autonomous Longitudinal Guidance for Pedestrian Protection in Electric Vehicles by Means of Optimal Control. SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0163, 2016Google Scholar
- Mai, M.; Wang, L.; Helmer, T.; Prokop, G.: Numerisches Fahrerverhaltensmodell zur stochastischen Verkehrssimulation für die Evaluierung von Fahrerassistenzsystemen und automatisierten Fahrfunktionen. 7. Tagung Fahrerassistenz, Munich, 2015Google Scholar