Estimators of the Parameters of Beta Distribution
- 16 Downloads
The iteration algorithm of computation of effective estimators of the shape parameters of beta distributions using the unbiased estimators of the end point parameters of the random variable were obtained and investigated. For the cases when more accurate estimations of the parameters are required, one more step of computation, realized optimization of the obtained estimations, is necessary. The computation results, realized on the basis of the simulation of the appropriate random samples, demonstrate the correctness of the obtained theoretical outcomes.
Keywords and phrasesBeta distribution Maximum likelihood estimator Biased estimator Unbiased estimator Iteration algorithm Optimization algorithm
AMS (2000) subject classificationPrimary 62F10 Secondary 62F12
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
We thank the editor and unknown reviewers for their help and attention to our work.
This research was supported by Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation of Georgia grant AR/183/4-100/13.
- David, H.A. and Nagaraja, H.N. (2003). Order Statistics, 3rd edn. Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics, New York, Inc.Google Scholar
- Jonson, N.L., Kotz, S. and Balakrishnan, N. (2004). Continuous Univariate Distributions, vol. 2, 2nd edn. Wiley, New York.Google Scholar
- Kachiashvili, K.J. and Prangishvili, A.I. (2016). Verification in biometric systems: problems and modern methods of their solution. J. Appl. Stat., 1–20, https://doi.org/10.1080/02664763.2016.1267122.
- Kachiashvili, K.J. and Stepanishvili, V.A. (1988). Estimators of unknown parameters of some non-regularities probability distribution densities. Avtometria 2, 109–111.Google Scholar
- Kachiashvili, K.J. and Topchishvili, A.L. (2016). Estimators of the parameters of irregular Right-Angled triangular distribution. Model. Assist. Stat. Appl. 11, 179–184.Google Scholar
- Pastushko, O.N. and Nevludov, I. (2012). Analysis of quality indicators of biometrical systems of authentication of users. Problems of Telecommunication, 4. http://pt.journal.kh.ua.
- Primak, A.V., Kafarov, V.V. and Kachiashvili, K.J. (1991). System Analysis of Control and Management of Air and Water Quality. Naukova Dumka, Kiev. (Science and Technical Progress).Google Scholar