Study on Hydrodynamic Coefficients of Double Submerged Inclined Plates
Added mass and damping coefficients are very important in hydrodynamic analysis of naval structures. In this paper, a double submerged inclined plates with ‘/ \’ configuration is firstly considered. By use of the boundary element method (BEM) based on Green function with the wave term, the radiation problem of this special type structure is investigated. The added mass and damping coefficients due to different plate lengths and inclined angles are obtained. The results show that: the added mass and damping coefficients for sway are the largest. Heave is the most sensitive mode to inclined angles. The wave frequencies of the maximal added mass and damping coefficients for sway and roll are the same.
Keywordsdouble submerged inclined plates boundary element method (BEM) added mass and damping coefficients GMRES method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kang, H.G. and Wang, K., 2002. Numerical investigation on submerged horizontal plate, Marine Science Bulletin, 21(1), 1–8. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Kharaghani, S. and Lee, J.J., 1986. Wave interaction with moored sloping breakwater, Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Coastal Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineers, Taipei, pp.2259–2268.Google Scholar
- Salvesen, N., Tuck, E.O. and Faltinsen, O., 1970. Ship motions and sea loads, Transactions SNAME, 78(8), 250–287.Google Scholar
- Sobhani, S.M., Lee, J.J. and Wellford Jr., L.C., 1988. Interaction of periodic waves with inclined portable barrier, Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal, and Ocean Engineering, 114(6), 745–761.Google Scholar
- Teng, B., Zheng, M.Z., Jiang, S.C., Gou, Y. and Lv, L., 2010. Calculation and analysis of the hydrodynamic coefficients of heave-plates of Spar platform, The Ocean Engineering, 28(3), 1–8. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Wang, K., Zhang, X. and Gao, X., 2009. Research on hydrodynamic characteristics of forced oscillation heave damping plates of Spar platforms, Journal of Ship Mechanics, 13(1), 27–33. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zhang, S.M., 1990. Added mass of underwater plate and beam stiffened plate in vibration, Journal of Hydrodynamics, 5(1), 88–95. (in Chinese)Google Scholar