Far-Field Noise Induced by Bubble near Free Surface
The motion of a bubble near the free surface is solved by the boundary element method based on the linear wave equation, and the influence of fluid compressibility on bubble dynamics is analyzed. Based on the solution of the bubble motion, the far-field radiation noise induced by the bubble is calculated using Kirchhoff moving boundary integral equation, and the influence of free surface on far-field noise is researched. As the results, the oscillation amplitude of the bubble is weakened in compressible fluid compared with that in incompressible fluid, and the free surface amplifies the effect of fluid compressibility. When the distance between the bubble and an observer is much larger than that between the bubble and free surface, the sharp wave trough of the sound pressure at the observer occurs. With the increment of the distance between the bubble and free surface, the time of the wave trough appearing is delayed and the value of the wave trough increase. When the distance between the observer and the bubble is reduced, the sharp wave trough at the observer disappears.
Keywordsbubble free surface compressibility far-field noise
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Qi, D.M., 1999. The Study of Bubble Collapse and Cavitation Noise, Ph.D. Thesis, Shanghai Jiao Tong University. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Qi, D.M. and Lu, C.J., 2001. Numerical study of cavity noise, Journal of Hydrodynamics, 16(1), 9–17. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Ross, D., 1976. Mechanics of Underwater Noise, Pergamon Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Ye, X., Yao, X.L., Zhang, A.M. and Pang, F.Z., 2013. The motion and acoustic radiation characteristics for cavitation in the compressible vortex fluid, Acta Physica Sinica, 62(11), 114702. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zhang, A.M., Wang, S.P., Bai, Z.H. and Huang, C., 2011. Experimental study on bubble pulse features under different circumstances, Chinese Journal of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, 43(1), 71–83. (in Chinese)Google Scholar