Optical fiber grating vibration sensor for vibration monitoring of hydraulic pump
- 363 Downloads
In view of the existing electrical vibration monitoring traditional hydraulic pump vibration sensor, the high false alarm rate is susceptible to electromagnetic interference and is not easy to achieve long-term reliable monitoring, based on the design of a beam of the uniform strength structure of the fiber Bragg grating (FBG) vibration sensor. In this paper, based on the analysis of the vibration theory of the equal strength beam, the principle of FBG vibration tuning based on the equal intensity beam is derived. According to the practical application of the project, the structural dimensions of the equal strength beam are determined, and the optimization design of the vibrator is carried out. The finite element analysis of the sensor is carried out by ANSYS, and the first order resonant frequency is 94.739 Hz. The vibration test of the sensor is carried out by using the vibration frequency of 35 Hz and the vibration source of 50 Hz. The time domain and frequency domain analysis results of test data show that the sensor has good dynamic response characteristics, which can realize the accurate monitoring of the vibration frequency and meet the special requirements of vibration monitoring of hydraulic pump under specific environment.
KeywordsFiber Bragg grating uniform strength beam vibrating monitoring vibration sensor
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 41404022) and the Shanxi National Science Foundation (No. 2015JM4128).
- Q. F. He, C. J. Yao, G. M. Chen, X. H. Chen, and Q. Yang, “Feature extraction method of hydraulic pump vibration signal based on singular value decomposition and wavelet packets analysis,” Journal of Data Acquisition & Processing, 2012, 27(2): 241–247.Google Scholar
- Z. Jing and L. Guo, “Application of adaptive stochastic resonance morphology in hydraulic pump vibration signal feature extraction,” Instrument Technique and Sensor, 2015, 8(1): 92–95.Google Scholar
- J. Sun, H. R. Li, W. G. Wang, and B. H. Xu, “Preprocessing algorithm for vibration signals of a hydraulic pump based upon WMUWD,” Journal of Vibration and Shock, 2015, 34(21): 93–99.Google Scholar
- Y. K. Wang, H. R. Li, and P. Ye, “Preprocessing method of hydraulic pump vibration signals based on FastPW and CNC de-noising,” Journal of Vibration and Shock, 2014, 33(24): 144–149.Google Scholar
- X. F. Zhou, “Study of fiber optical Bragg grating sensing technology,” Ph.D. dissertation, Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan, 2003.Google Scholar
- X. Y. Dong and C. L. Zhao, “Chirp rate tunable fiber Bragg grating fibers based on a cantilever beam,” Journal of Optoelectronics Laser, 2010, 21(10): 1455–1458.Google Scholar
- F. X. Zhang, X. L. Zhang, and L. J. Wang, “Study on FBG micro-seismic geophone with high sensitivity and broad bandwidth,” Journal of Optoelectronics Laser, 2014, 25(6): 1086–1091.Google Scholar
- Y. Du, T. G. Liu, and K. Liu, “Research of hybrid fiber sensing network based on FBG and optical frequency domain reflectometry,” Journal of Optoelectronics Laser, 2013, 24(10): 1900–1905.Google Scholar
- Y. Y. Weng, X. G. Qiao, and T. Guo, “A robust and compact fiber Bragg grating vibration sensor for seismic measurement,” IEEE Sensors Journal, 2011, 12(4): 800–804.Google Scholar
- Y. Q. Li, Y. Wang, and G. Z. Yao, “Research on a vibration sensor system with temperature compensation using double-matched FBGs,” Journal of Optoelectronics Laser, 2015, 26(2): 217–223.Google Scholar
- G. Xu, Y. T. Dai, and X. L. Jin, “A high-frequency dual-FBG accelerometer and its demodulation method,” Journal of Optoelectronics Laser, 2011, 22(4): 515–519.Google Scholar
- H. L. Wang, H. Q. Zhou, and H. Gao, “Fiber grating acceleration vibration sensor with double uniform strength cantilever beams,” Journal of Optoelectronics Laser, 2013, 24(4): 635–641.Google Scholar
- S. L. Wang, G. H. Xiang, and M. L. Hu, “Design of a novel FBG vibration sensor,” Journal of Optoelectronics Laser, 2011, 22(4): 515–519.Google Scholar
- L. Sun, D. Z. Liang, and H. N. Li, “Analysis and modication of demarcate error of FBG sensor by equal,” Journal of Optoelectronics Laser, 2007, 18(7): 776–779.Google Scholar
- H. Sun, B. Liu, and H. B. Zhou, “A novel FBG high frequency vibration sensor based on equi-intensity cantilever beam,” Chinese Journal of Sensor and Actuators, 2009, 22(9): 1270–1275.Google Scholar
Open Access This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made.