China’s Wetlands: Conservation Plans and Policy Impacts
- 542 Downloads
KeywordsTaihu Lake Natural Wetland National Wetland Inventory State Forestry Wetland Conservation
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
This research was jointly supported by the National Basic Research Program of China (Nos. 2012CB956103, 2009CB421103) and the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 40930527).
- Agency of China Economy Times. 2009. Pain and rebirth of wetlands in China. http://www.cet.com.cn/20091029/i1.htm (in Chinese).
- Changzhou Daily Agency. 2007. The first demonstration zone of constructed wetlands was initiated in Changzhou. http://news.sina.com.cn/c/2007-07-26/142613533136.shtml (in Chinese).
- Economic Information Agency. 2007. Mangroves act as ecological guards in the Beibu Gulf of China. http://finance.sina.com.cn/chanjing/b/20070706/13113760793.shtml (in Chinese).
- Editorial Committee. 2009. China wetlands encyclopedia. Beijing: Beijing Science and Technology Press.Google Scholar
- Gong, P., Z. Niu, X. Cheng, K. Zhao, D. Zhou, J. Guo, L. Liang, X. Wang, D. Li, et al. 2010. China’s wetland change (1990–2000) determined by remote sensing. Science China Earth Sciences 53: 1–7.Google Scholar
- IPCC. 2007. Climate change 2007. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Lu, X. 2008. Wetlands and wetland researches in China. Shijiazhuang: Heibei Sci-Tech Press (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Northeast China Net. 2011. We are in great need of solving conflicts between humans and water birds in the Zhalong Nature Reserve. http://heilongjiang.dbw.cn/system/2011/01/20/052946393.shtml (in Chinese).
- NPC Standing Committee of Jilin Province, China. 2010. Report on construction and management of provincial nature reserves. http://www.jlrd.gov.cn/cwhgb/2010/2009d8q/201008/t20100825_771189.html (in Chinese).
- People Daily Agency. 2010. Dongzhaigang Nature Reserve of Hainan protects mangroves. http://env.people.com.cn/GB/13343002.html (in Chinese).
- People Daily Agency. 2011. Loss of wetlands. http://env.people.com.cn/GB/211746/213647/13850391.html (in Chinese).
- State Forestry Administration (SFA). 2005. China Forestry yearbook 2005. Beijing: China Forestry Press (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- State Forestry Administration (SFA). 2006. Implementation plan for National Wetland Conservation Program. Beijing: State Forestry Administration (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- State Forestry Administration (SFA). 2010a. Diversion of water from the Yellow River into the Yellow River Delta to nourish wetlands. http://www.forestry.gov.cn/portal/main/s/72/content-450621.html (in Chinese).
- State Forestry Administration (SFA). 2010b. China Forestry statistical yearbook 2010. Beijing: China Forestry Press (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- The Ramsar Convention on Wetlands. 2011. The list of wetlands of international importance. http://www.ramsar.org/pdf/sitelist.pdf.
- Wetland Conservation and Management Center (WCMC) of State Forestry Administration (SFA). 2009. Building eco-fence in the upper reaches of the Yellow river. http://www.shidi.org/sf_EBB4BD176C824300AE82D6C0DF9BED19_151_cnplph.html (in Chinese).
- Wetland Conservation and Management Center (WCMC) of State Forestry Administration (SFA). 2011. The list of wetland nature reserves of China. http://www.shidi.org/lib-reserves-district.html (in Chinese).
- Wetland Conservation and Management Center (WCMC) of State Forestry Administration of China. 2008. Compensation of water to rejuvenate wetlands in the Honghe National Nature Reserve. http://www.shidi.org/sf_C829F94BB120458B9B6CB92475EEE5DF_151_hw.html (in Chinese).
- Wu, H., and X. Wang. 2006. Progress of evaluation of wetlands’ ecological restoration effects in China. Wetland Science 4: 304–310 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Xinhua News Agency. 2010. China effectively protected its wetlands with an area of 17.95 million ha. http://www.shidi.org/lib-reserves-district.html (in Chinese).
- Xinhua News Agency. 2011. China has finished the second wetland resources inventory in fifteen provinces. http://news.xinhuanet.com/2011-02/16/c_121088099.htm (in Chinese).
- Yuan, L.P. 1996. Hybrid rice breeding in China. In Advances in hybrid rice technology, ed. S.S. Virmani, E.A. Siddiq, and K. Muralidharan. Hyderabad: International Rice Research Institute.Google Scholar
© Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences 2012