Intelligent design based on holographic model using parametric design method
The variant design of existing products accounts for a considerable proportion in the process of new product design. Parametric design technology is an effective mean to reuse existing design solutions. However, the current design technology has been unable to meet the needs of product-level parametric rapid design. This paper proposes a product-level parametric management and rapid design method based on the idea of holographic modeling. Firstly, a mechanism to manage the parametric based model (PBM) is set up, and then the dimension management technology is put forward with analyzing the data structure of the base model, meanwhile, the dimension expression, classification, nomenclature and management rules are given. Then, the rapid design method based on PBM is studied, the rapid design principle of the 3D model is described, and the corresponding depth traversal of dimension process is given. At last, a parametric design system for compensator product is developed.
KeywordsParametric based model Management mechanism Parametric design Holographic model
The authors acknowledge the financial sponsored by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant no. 51405081), Qing Lan Project, the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities, and the Six talent peaks project in Jiangsu Province.
- Ashley S (1997) Rapid-response design. Mech Eng 119(12):72–74Google Scholar
- GB/T12777-2008 (2008) General technical conditions for metal bellows expansion joint. China StandardGoogle Scholar
- Gunn TG (1982) The mechanization of design and manufacturing. Sci Am 247(3):114–130. https://doi.org/10.1038/scientificamerican0982-114 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Leizerowicz W, Lin J, Fox MS (1996) Collaborative design using WWW. In: Proceedings of the WET-ICE’96, CERC, University of West VirginiaGoogle Scholar
- Münzer C, Shea K, Helms B (2012) Automated parametric design synthesis using graph grammars and constraint solving. In: ASME 2012 international design engineering technical conferences and computers and information in engineering conference, pp 517–528. https://doi.org/10.1115/DETC2012-70313
- Qian XM (2005) Research on the key technique of concurrent engineering oriented product development process. Doctoral dissertation, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics. https://doi.org/10.7666/d.y696749
- Qian XM, Wang NS, Chen WF et al (2003) Research on product structure model based on rapid product design. Comput Integr Manuf Syst 9(1):11–14. https://doi.org/10.3969/j.issn.1006-5911.2003.01.003 Google Scholar
- Sutherland IE (1964) Sketchpad: a man-machine graphical communication system (outstanding dissertations in the computer sciences), vol 18, no 3, pp 265–272. Garland Publishing, Inc, New York. https://doi.org/10.1177/003754976400200514
- Tao CS (2004) Research on partial parametric design method and system realization. Doctoral dissertation, Nanjing University of Science and Technology. https://doi.org/10.7666/d.y624562
- Wang F, Yu XL (2001) Research and development of product-level three-dimensional parametric design system. J Comput Aided Des Comput Graph 13(11):1012–1018. https://doi.org/10.3321/j.issn:1003-9775.2001.11.010 Google Scholar
- Xu MX (1998) Research and implementation of parametric design model. Doctoral dissertation, Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Sciences (Institute of Computing Technology)Google Scholar
- Zhang F, Chen ZN, Yan XG et al (2008) Product configuration model based on SML. China Mech Eng 19(6):683–687. https://doi.org/10.3321/j.issn:1004-132X.2008.06.013 Google Scholar