Open Educational Resources
- 1.1k Downloads
Open Educational Resources
The popularity of the concept of Open Educational Resources (OER) has increased since the MIT announced the opening of their educational materials for the public in the Open Courseware Initiative in 2001. Many organizations, institutions, and individuals have joined this idea and initiative. Simultaneously, researchers in education, business and information systems engineering (BISE), and other disciplines have developed concepts and solutions how to make these resources available, utilize them, and how to embed them into educators’ and trainers’ daily work life. Even though the idea – as an analogy to the Open Source/Free Software movement – has attracted attention from both research and practice, it still has not achieved the adoption expected. However, the potentials for research as well as practice remain enormous, in particular in view of the given economic and organizational constraints for the education and training sector.
What Are OER? Understanding...
KeywordsBusiness Model Enterprise Architecture Open Educational Resource Design Science Research Collaborative Teaching
- Bailey C (2005) Open access bibliography. Liberating scholarly literature with e-prints and open access journals. Association of Research Libraries, Washington Google Scholar
- Downes S (2007) Models for sustainable open educational resources. Interdisciplinary Journal of Knowledge and Learning Objects 3:29–44. http://www.ijklo.org/Volume3/IJKLOv3p029-044Downes.pdf+. 2010-03-01 Google Scholar
- Geser G (2007) Open educational resources and practices. OLCOS roadmap 2012. http://www.olcos.org/cms/upload/docs/olcos_roadmap.pdf. 2010-10-06
- JISC (2007) E-framework reference models, higher education funding council for England, joint information systems committee. http://www.jisc.ac.uk/whatwedo/programmes/elearningframework/refmodels05.aspx. 2011-07-27
- Kalz M, Specht M, Nadolski R, Bastiaens Y, Leirs N, Pawlowski JM (2010) OpenScout: competence based management education with community-improved open educational resources. In: Halley S et al. (eds) Proceedings of the 17th EDINEB conference. Crossing borders in education and work-based learning. FEBA ERD Press, Maastricht, pp 137–146 Google Scholar
- Pawlowski JM, Zimmermann V (2007) Open content: a concept for the future of e-learning and knowledge management. In: Bentele M, Hochreiter R, Riempp G, Schütt P, Weber M (eds) Mehr Wissen – mehr Erfolg! Tagungsband zur KnowTech 2007. CMP-WEKA, Berlin, pp 265–274 Google Scholar
- Pirkkalainen H, Pawlowski JM (2010) Open educational resources and social software in global e-learning settings. In: Yli-Luoma P (ed) Sosiaalinen Verkko-oppiminen. IMDL, Naantali, pp 23–40 Google Scholar
- Raymond ES (1999) The cathedral and the bazaar: musings on Linux and open source by an accidental revolutionary. O’Reilly & Associates, Sebastopol Google Scholar
- UNESCO (2002) Forum on the impact of open courseware for higher education in developing countries. Final report. United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, Paris Google Scholar