Synthesis and luminescence properties of Mn3+, Bi3+ co-doped Y6WO12 for blue phosphor
- 5 Downloads
Mn3+ and Bi3+ co-doped Y6WO12 samples with hexagonal structure were synthesized via an improved salt pyrogenation method at a temperature region of 700–1100 °C for 3 h. In Y6WO12, Mn3+, substituting Y3+, occupies a seven-coordination site and its energy levels are treated in near Oh symmetry. The samples doped by Mn3+ alone emit the most intensive blue light at 420 nm under excitation at 247 nm due to charge transition (CT). The mechanism of sensitization of Bi3+ for Y6WO12:Mn3+ was also analyzed by taking account of metal-to-metal charge-transfer (MMCT) from Bi3+ to Mn3+. As a consequence, the phosphor Y6WO12:Mn3+/Bi3+ can emit blue light under radiation of 370 nm, and the emission intensity is enhanced about five times by the sensitizer Bi3+. The optimal doping concentration of Bi3+ is determined as 1 at% for the emission at 420 nm in Y6WO12:0.5 at% Mn3+ phosphors.
KeywordsMn3+ Bi3+ Y6WO12 Blue phosphor Salt pyrogenation method
This work was financially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 51401130 and 51704064), the Program for Liaoning Innovative Research Team in University (No. LT2015020), Hebei Province Higher Education Science and Technology Research Project (No. ZD2017309), the Scientific and Technological Research and Development Plan of Qinhuangdao City (No. 201701B063) and Northeastern University at Qinhuangdao Campus Research Fund (No. XNK201602).
- Sun LN, Meng QY, Feng XH, Zuo L, Yu CH, Ma L. Synthesis and luminescence properties of Y10W2O21: Eu nanophosphor. Spectrosc Spect Anal. 2011;31(12):3218.Google Scholar
- Liu XW, Qi JQ, Guo R, Liu FC, Liu G, Zhang XL, Zhang Y. Synthesis and up/down conversion luminescence properties of Er3+/Yb3+ Co-doped La2TiO5 phosphor. Chin J Inorg Chem. 2016;32(1):49.Google Scholar
- Liu XW, Guo R, Liu H, Yu YQ, Qi XW, Xu JY, Xie CZ. Two series of novel 3D potentially porous heterometallic Cu–Ln coordination frameworks assembled by 3,4-pyridinedicarboxylic acid with different topologies and channels: syntheses, structures, luminescence and magnetic properties. RSC Adv. 2015;5(20):15059.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Xin XD, Wei HW, Zhao WH, Liu ZS, Li WX, Jiao H, Jing XP. Doping and replacing effects on the luminescent properties of SrAl12O19:Mn4+ red phpsphor. Chin J Inorg Chem. 2016;32(7):1199.Google Scholar
- Yang Y, Cong Y, Xiao Y, Fu Y, Xia SQ, Dong B. Luminescent and long-lasting properties of Cd3Al2Ge3O12:Mn2+ phosphor. Chin J Inorg Chem. 2015;31(8):1529.Google Scholar
- Dupin JC, Gonbeau D, Vinatier P, Levasseur A. Systematic XPS studies of metal oxides, hydroxides and peroxides. Phys Chem. 2000;2(6):1319.Google Scholar
- Xu SH. Luminescence of Solid. Beijing: Tsinghua University Press; 2011. 33.Google Scholar