An Enhanced IBVS Controller of a 6DOF Manipulator Using Hybrid PD-SMC Method
- 178 Downloads
The accuracy and stability are two fundamental concerns of the visual servoing control system. This paper presents an enhanced image based visual servoing (IBVS) method for increasing the accuracy of a 6DOF manipulator. The controller is designed to combine proportional derivative (PD) control with sliding mode control (SMC) on a 6DOF manipulator. The properly tuned PD controller can ensure the fast tracking performance and SMC can deal with the external disturbance and uncertainties due to the depth. The enhanced IBVS controller benefits from simple structure and easy implementation of PD control and good robustness to uncertainties of SMC. The stability of the proposed method is proven by using Lyapunov method. Simulation and experimental results are used to demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed controller.
KeywordsImage based visual servoing (IBVS) PD control sliding mode control 6DOF manipulator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Ghanbari, W. Wang, C. E. Hann, J. G. Chase, and X. Chen, “Cell image recognition and visual servo control for automated cell injection,” Proc. of 4th International Conference on Autonomous Robots and Agents, pp. 92–96, Feb. 2009. [click]Google Scholar
- J. k. Kim, D. w. Kim, S. j. Choi, and S. c. Won, “Imagebased visual servoing using sliding mode control,” Proc. of SICE-ICASE International Joint Conference, pp. 4996–5001, Oct. 2006.Google Scholar
- W. Wroblewski, “Implementation of a model predictive control algorithm for a 6dof manipulator - simulation results,” Proceedings of the Fourth International Workshop on Robot Motion and Control, pp. 209–212, Jun. 2004. [click]Google Scholar
- J. J. E. Slotine and W. Li, Applied Nonlinear Control, Prentice Hall, 1991.Google Scholar
- T. Yüksel, “Ibvs with fuzzy sliding mode for robot manipulators,” Proc. of International Workshop on Recent Advances in Sliding Modes (RASM), pp. 1–6, Apr. 2015. [click]Google Scholar
- M. Parsapour, S. RayatDoost, and H. D. Taghirad, “Position based sliding mode control for visual servoing system,” Proc. of First RSI/ISM International Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics (ICRoM), pp. 337–342, Feb. 2013.Google Scholar
- J. M. Acob, V. Pano, and P. R. Ouyang, “Hybrid pd sliding mode control of a two degree-of-freedom parallel robotic manipulator,” Proc. of 10th IEEE International Conference on Control and Automation (ICCA), pp. 1760–1765, Jun. 2013. [click]Google Scholar
- D. Lee, T. Ryan, and H. J. Kim, “Autonomous landing of a vtol uav on a moving platform using image-based visual servoing,” Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pp. 971–976, May. 2012. [click]Google Scholar
- Quanser 6-Axis Articulated Robot, Quanser/Denso Specialty Plants, Markham, ON,Canada, 2011.Google Scholar
- M.W. Spong and S. Hutchinson, Robot Modeling and Control, Wiley, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2006.Google Scholar