Thermal Plasma Spheroidization of High-Nitrogen Stainless Steel Powder Alloys Synthesized by Mechanical Alloying
- 56 Downloads
This paper presents the results of experimental studies on the treatment of Fe–23Cr–11Mn–1N high-nitrogen stainless steel powder alloys, synthesized by the mechanical alloying (MA) of elemental powders in the flow of a thermal plasma. Fe–23Cr–11Mn–1N high-nitrogen stainless steel powder alloys were prepared by MA in the attritor under an argon atmosphere. For spheroidization of Fe–23Cr–11Mn–1N high-nitrogen stainless steel powder alloys, the TekSphero 15 plant manufactured by Tekna Plasma Systems Inc was used. The studies have shown the possibility of obtaining Fe–23Cr–11Mn–1N high-nitrogen spherical powders steel alloys from the powder obtained by MA. According to the results of a series of experiments, it was found that the results of plasma spheroidization of powders essentially depend on the size of the fraction due to some difference in the particle shape and flowability, and on the gas regime of the plasma torch. It is established that during the plasma spheroidization process, some of the nitrogen leaves the alloy. The loss rate of nitrogen depends on the size of the initial particles.
KeywordsHigh-nitrogen stainless steel Powder alloys Mechanical alloying Plasma spheroidization Spherical powder
The work was supported by a Grant from the Russian Science Foundation (Project No. 15-13-00062).
- 2.O. Bannykh, V. Blinov, E. Lukin, I.O.P. Conf, Ser. Mater. Sci. Eng. 130, 012001 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Y.I. Meshcheryakov, A.K. Divakov, N.I. Zigacheva, G.V. Konovalov, B.K. Barakhtin, G.Y. Kalinin, O.V. Fomina, Mater. Phys. Mech. 21, 99 (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.V.V. Rybin, V.A. Malyshevskij, GYu. Kalinin, Metally 6, 75 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.T. Wohlers, Wohlers Report 2014: Additive Manufacturing and 3D Printing State of the Industry. Annual Worldwide Progress Report (Wohlers Associates Inc., Colorado, 2014)Google Scholar
- 10.M.M. Cisneros, H.F. Lopez, H. Mancha, E. Rincon, D. Vazquez, M.J. Perez, S.D. De La Torre, Metall. Mater. Trans. A 36, 1309 (2005)Google Scholar
- 17.S.G. Zverev, Ph.D. Thesis (Saint-Petersburg State Technical University, Saint-Petersburg, 2002), pp. 49–87Google Scholar